Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys. anyone have sugestions on cams? ie stage 1 or 2, costs, company. wile i'm in there i was thinking about doing a little porting and polishing, lapping the valves and replacing the seals. any comments??

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Depends on what you want the bike to do, what your going to do to it in the future, ect..
stage one will be good for low end power to mid, the stage 2 for mid to high
stage 2 requires a spring kit which is another $120 (on ebay or the like) a higher comp piston is recommended for a stage two to recover bottom end lost. as fopr hp wise the stage 1 will kick out about 1-2hp, a stage 2: 2-3hp depending on how well the port job is.
IF your porting the head I recommend just taking the casting marks off the runners. Raptor heads are not like most other motors, where the bigger the port the better the power;,.especially on the exhaust end.
The biggest hp gain comes from the intake side. (2 carbs to a 3 intake valve set-up back to a 2 exhaust valve set-up). Fundamentals of the flow are substantially different, I'd have someone who has a good reputation in port work do it if your wanting to go deeper into the port work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.