Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2019 700r se and finally got past the break in period. I’ve been looking into new a exhaust set up because the stock just don’t do the quad justice. I’m looking for a throaty and deep set up. I’ve heard a few good things about dual barkers and monster exhaust but what gonna be the best bang for my buck? Personally I like the look of the dual barkers

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just got my 2019 700r se and finally got past the break in period. I’ve been looking into new a exhaust set up because the stock just don’t do the quad justice. I’m looking for a throaty and deep set up. I’ve heard a few good things about dual barkers and monster exhaust but what gonna be the best bang for my buck? Personally I like the look of the dual barkers
You really should pop for a full exhaust, air intake, and fuel controller all at once. That is the best bang for your buck. The best exhaust is really the one you like. Most all are really good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’m saving for dual Barkers, PC5, and an air intake kit. I have a feeling the hunters near my property are going to hate me... hah. Huge hunting club by my property with about 100 deer stands.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,471 Posts
If you have been following the forum this has been covered before. First thing is duals on your bike will make less power then a single system, but weigh more. Second, Monsters makes more power then Barkers. So do you want pretty or performance?

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I was torn too. My 2019 was missing so much with the stock exhaust. It sounded like my grandmas riding lawnmower. I know on the newer raptors the single is the better way to go as far as performance is concerned but I love the way the duels sound. So I did the big three with the Barkers duels. I could not be happier with the set up. Worth every penny!

·
Registered
53 Posts
https://youtu.be/semDbM4UlzM
Not a great video but I’m not a YouTube wizard. But it gives you an idea of the install and sound. Ran it every day for two weeks in Winchester bay a few months ago and have had no issues
Excellent video. I have the same Raptor and been trying to decide on which exhaust I want to go with. I have it narrowed down to ether Barkers or Big Gun Evo R duals. Man it sounds good, a bit loud but all aftermarket performance exhaust are. I think maybe the Big Gun might be a tad quieter and I need the quieter of the two.

From my reading about exhaust duals are better than single...

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I had the dual Big Guns on mine before the DMC's. I think the Barkers are a bit quieter, not by much. The Big Guns are great for grunt on trails but if you are doing dunes or such the Barkers outperform. But these were all on bikes with the old head design of 2 exhaust ports, I think with the newer ones having one exhaust port the singles are the way to go. I think Daniel at Cuervo Racing has tested these and has confirmed, Google on YouTube possibly for a video from him.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a monster, i like it. You should probably get a power commander first. Every engine mod will need some tuning. Best thing you can do is just save up for the big 3.

·
Registered
230 Posts
DASA, Monster and Barkers have larger diameter pipes. FMF and Yoshimura work good on the stock cam due to the smaller diameter, good power under 6,000rpm. If you install a HC 2 or larger you are losing out on power above 6,000rpm with the FMF and Yoshimura. Curveo has a dyno comparison on his YouTube channel.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I run with DASA and I like it. It has a powerful deep sound and truly unleashes the power. It is a single exhaust so there's no need to move any wires. All I did is add some aluminium reflective tape on the inner side of a fender where the pipe is the closest to prevent any heat damage that might occur. I also have the silence for it so if you don't want to be to loud or plan on driving on road you just put it in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts