Raptor Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I put a -1 (13t) front sprocket on my 700 too, and I trail ride.
Much better and more agressive!

The 700 has more torque than the 450's, and will outrun them in a drag race(if that matters).
To me, reverse is worth it, especially if you ride with other people, and you need to back up because of something they did...or there isn't room to spin it around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put a -1 (13t) front sprocket on my 700 too, and I trail ride.
Much better and more agressive!

The 700 has more torque than the 450's, and will outrun them in a drag race(if that matters).
To me, reverse is worth it, especially if you ride with other people, and you need to back up because of something they did...or there isn't room to spin it around.
agreed, not to mention the raptor is around 400lbs, i hate getting off my bike and spin it around unless i have to.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,695 Posts
agreed, not to mention the raptor is around 400lbs, i hate getting off my bike and spin it around unless i have to.
Trail riding a Honda 250R, I was out front waiting for the group, I went back looking for them. When we met, I popped a wheelie, spun it around on the grab bar, and was ready to go. Their eyes got big ,and even I was surprised.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Trail riding a Honda 250R, I was out front waiting for the group, I went back looking for them. When we met, I popped a wheelie, spun it around on the grab bar, and was ready to go. Their eyes got big ,and even I was surprised.
A 250r Honda has to be one of the most suprising 4wheelers you can ride.
Alright, a 250 2-stroke, this should be ok...holy sh*t it just chewed up and spit out your Banshee! lol, yep!
Probably the most agressive thing Honda ever built.

I saw a really nice looking one on CL earlier this year(red with the intergrated headlight)
....only it had a CR500 in it!
They had even fabbed an electric start!
I would've loved to have gotten that.
I've also seen a couple 110+ hp CR500's, but unfortunaty wasn't able to ride them.

Thanks for nothin Dez...now I want another 2-stroke, lol

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
You do wear a helmet, right?
Maybe gloves? They cover your hands, you know, usually the first parts to impact the ground.
I'm not the gear police either, do you're own thing, just a word to the wise young man.
Been there, done that, seen some bad stuff, had my share of bad crashes and injuries, and my gear always did it's job(that and the good Lord), and prevented alot worse.
And, I'm not telling you to be careful either, because careful will get you killed...now grip it n rip it! lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You do wear a helmet, right?
Maybe gloves? They cover your hands, you know, usually the first parts to impact the ground.
I'm not the gear police either, do you're own thing, just a word to the wise young man.
Been there, done that, seen some bad stuff, had my share of bad crashes and injuries, and my gear always did it's job(that and the good Lord), and prevented alot worse.
And, I'm not telling you to be careful either, because careful will get you killed...now grip it n rip it! lol
Yes most of the time I do! I also do wear gloves and yeah when I fell off my 90x years ago and broke my arm lmao my 250x I sold I flipped that like 3 times and fractured my ribs sooo. But I was still stupid back then I haven’t had any type of crash in 2 1/2 years I’ve never flipped that 250r though! That things so much fun! But yes with the 700 I’ll have to wear my helmet all the time! Since it’s so much more powerful

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Id consider getting some riding boots too. No, i dont mean some old boots you only wear when riding. I mean like you see motocross guys wearing. I had a crash 8 years ago wearing tennis shoes, my ankle still clicks everytime i take a step, (id make a terrible ninja) and it just randomly hurts sometimes. Cant wait to see how that works out if i get older! Lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Id consider getting some riding boots too. No, i dont mean some old boots you only wear when riding. I mean like you see motocross guys wearing. I had a crash 8 years ago wearing tennis shoes, my ankle still clicks everytime i take a step, (id make a terrible ninja) and it just randomly hurts sometimes. Cant wait to see how that works out if i get older! Lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Ouch man that must really suck! Sorry to hear that and yeah I actually do wear that I have the full gear I have the thing you zip up that has the pads on your arms and your back and everything my gloves boots helmet goggles and everything! Safety first but sometimes I do like to ride with no gear on lol. If I drive crazy then it’s a must!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ouch man that must really suck! Sorry to hear that and yeah I actually do wear that I have the full gear I have the thing you zip up that has the pads on your arms and your back and everything my gloves boots helmet goggles and everything! Safety first but sometimes I do like to ride with no gear on lol. If I drive crazy then it’s a must!
It's like "Which mode today? Crazy or normal?" LOL. I feel you bro.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I get the riding without gear, as I've done plenty, street and dirt.
I have also seen and experienced enough bad to where if I go out, now, and for many years, I put it on.
You young guys are understandebly still invincible, but be aware, the times you crash are usually the simplest, stupidest things, somewhere familiar, that you never saw coming.
If nothing else, at least keep a helmet on your head.
I wish I had pictures to go with all the horrible accidents and injuries that I've seen.
Riding past the limits is fun...til it isn't...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts