Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a stock raptor 700R, but i plan to put HMF full exhaust, prodesign intake, and PC III on it soon. one of my friends has a predator 500 with a pipe (just slip on i think) and my other two friends are getting dirt bikes. one is a 250 i don't know about mods or make or model (he's just got it not to long ago) and the other is getting a heavily modded YZ250. i can still beat these guys right?

·
Registered
148 Posts
watch out for the heavy modded 250 but if you can drive then ya you should take the others

·
Registered
899 Posts
If those 250s are two strokes then you are done. Even the 250 four strokes are fast as hell. The pred is no slouch and might surprise you. I have owned a couple of yz 250s, ride with a Matt Smiley edition Pred and a Kawi kx250f. Even in the sand the yz are faster untill you start to climb. Once I was following a buddy riding a RM250 at the dunes and I could not pass him. We were going pretty fast and once we hit a climb I almost ran right over the top of him because he lost power so fast……the 700R is so full of torque it didn’t slow one bit. A stock yz250 will take a 700R.....dont know if a yz250F will though.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i got it just race and bikes up a sand or other hill and the pred well i think i could take him. does anyone know if the rappy can catch the 250's in a long run. they have to run out of speed sooner or later right? :3question:

·
Registered
899 Posts
warren said:
ok i got it just race and bikes up a sand or other hill and the pred well i think i could take him. does anyone know if the rappy can catch the 250's in a long run. they have to run out of speed sooner or later right? :3question:
At the dunes in Florence there is a long flat by some water when you come out of Driftwood CG you can hold 5th pinned for more than a mile. My buddy was riding a yz250 down the stretch at medium speed. So I thought I would be a smart ass and pass him pinned in 5th and give him 40 feet of hauler roost. Well I went flying by and just held it on. About 8 seconds later he came walking by and got about 5 lengths on me. But before we reached the end he had to let off or blow. Then I went by again. Down fall of the two stroke is you can’t hold it on for long distance and very little torque.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I have not messed with any of the 4-stroke 250's don't know what they are about.......2-stroke 250 is going to eat your lunch unless the rider is a tool.. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Big Mike said:
I have not messed with any of the 4-stroke 250's don't know what they are about.......2-stroke 250 is going to eat your lunch unless the rider is a tool.. :lol: :lol:
The four stroke 250's are not near as quick as the 2 strokes. The two strokes will fly. Just remember he can't leave it pinned very long!

:lol:

~Brian

·
Registered
36 Posts
In Pismo I dragraced my buddy many times. He was on a Yamaha YZF450 4-stroke. His bike is modded with a pipe and jetting and a cam. In the drags, in order to beat him, I had to stick a good launch and hit every shift perfect. Only then would I beat him. If he beat me out of the hole, he'd win. Many close races though. On a flat out speed run, we were neck and neck. Then I shifted into 5th. Later Joe! No doubt it was because of the 15t, three mods, and disconnected speed limiter. A stocker should be able to kill 250 4 strokes.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
EGRaptor said:
In Pismo I dragraced my buddy many times. He was on a Yamaha YZF450 4-stroke. His bike is modded with a pipe and jetting and a cam. In the drags, in order to beat him, I had to stick a good launch and hit every shift perfect. Only then would I beat him. If he beat me out of the hole, he'd win. Many close races though. On a flat out speed run, we were neck and neck. Then I shifted into 5th. Later Joe! No doubt it was because of the 15t, three mods, and disconnected speed limiter. A stocker should be able to kill 250 4 strokes.
I've never had a chance to ride sand so I have no idea how that all plays out......On a hard surface I can't see how any quad could stay with a bike thats lighter and in most cases has more HP..... :confused: It just doesn't add up... :3question: :3question:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Other than the Predator, you are trying to compare apples to oranges. The bikes are much lighter and require less torque. My buddy races a YZ250 heavily modded and he gets me going through the gears, which I expected but not a blow out. We don't have any places near where I live to fully wind out my 700 so I'm not sure how we would compare there. I will say my friend has much respect for my Rappy though, because he knows most ATV's don't even stay close, but the Rappy stays right there behind him. If we're woods riding I normally stay in front of him. 8)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I draged a yz125 at an air strip near my house and through the grears he stayed with me both machines were stock but i got him at top end it all depens on the launch i started in 2nd to get the upper hand right away!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just got back from busco beach here in nc and i beat a predetor 500 (piped) rm250 (piped and more) yfz450 (piped) cr250 (piped) banshee (piped and more) and a 400ex (piped) but if you dont have a 15t front sprocket and the 3 mods your going to get your ass handed to you by those dirtbikes. The guys on the bikes and the banshee where staying with me in fifth but dont worry about the 500.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts