Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken the Reverse Wheel Gear, Reverse Pinion Gear, and Counter/Drive 1 Gear from a 2001 Tranny and put them on the shafts of a 2002? It seems to me like it would work since the drive axle is the same for both years and the main axle I assume is the same dia since the bearings are the same so the Reverse Pinion should press right on. This way the 2002 tranny will work with my 2001 counter/drive 1 gear since the 2002 tranny I bought didn't come with one. Even if the ratio is diff between the 2 years I wouldn't think it would matter since they are only engaged in reverse...right?

Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it looks like I can...The 2001 reverse wheel fit perfectly on the 2002 drive axle and the 2001 reverse pinion pressed on the 2002 main axle. Everything fit perfectly into the case with my 2001 drive/idle gear 1 and the two halves went together. So if you have a 2002 trans without drive gear 1 you can steal parts from another year lol...Hopfully she will be running this weekend!!!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Has anyone taken the Reverse Wheel Gear, Reverse Pinion Gear, and Counter/Drive 1 Gear from a 2001 Tranny and put them on the shafts of a 2002? It seems to me like it would work since the drive axle is the same for both years and the main axle I assume is the same dia since the bearings are the same so the Reverse Pinion should press right on. This way the 2002 tranny will work with my 2001 counter/drive 1 gear since the 2002 tranny I bought didn't come with one. Even if the ratio is diff between the 2 years I wouldn't think it would matter since they are only engaged in reverse...right?

Thanks
It should work.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts