1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
That would work. Just make sure when you get oil its for wet clutch. don't put car oil in there. I havent ever used yamalube but there 2 stroke oil sucked compared to the other oils for the price.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would work. Just make sure when you get oil its for wet clutch. don't put car oil in there. I havent ever used yamalube but there 2 stroke oil sucked compared to the other oils for the price.
cool thanks. what kind of oil is better to use anyway (brand, weight)? oil is pretty pricy for the Raptor at the store i go to.

Any suggestions?

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
I'm running Lucas 10w40. Last time I checked it was 7 dollars a quart....Not bad for a good oil

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Question about oil..

Can i use regular Motorcycle oil in my 660 raptor?

Autozone has it for real cheap compared to Yamalube.

I can get Mobil 1 full synthetic (motorcycle oil) for the same price as a regular qt of yamalube non-syn.

Anyone?

here's the link to the oil

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Mobil-1-qt-SAE-10W-40-MX4T-full-synthetic-motorcycle-oil/_/N-25ie?counter=6&filterByKeyWord=motorcycle+oil&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=153231_0_0_
ANY motorcycle oil, no. But wet clutch safe motorcycle oil, yes.

Notice this line in the link you posted:

Optimized wet-clutch performance
If you see that, you're fine.

As for pricing, either your Mobil 1 is cheap or your Yamalube is over priced.

cool thanks. what kind of oil is better to use anyway (brand, weight)? oil is pretty pricy for the Raptor at the store i go to.

Any suggestions?

I have that same Mobil 1 oil in a raptor right now, seems like a good oil and I plan to keep running it. I go with 10w-40, but if you ride in very hot or very cold conditions you may want to consider a more appropriate weight.

·
Registered
296 Posts
in the winter here i run 5w-30 in all my bikes and summer spring and fall i run 10w-40

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Rotella T6 Synthetic - $18 a gallon at Wally World - can't beat the price,and it's JASO MA (motorcycle, wet clutch) certified. Any good oil will do as long as it's JASO MA (or other designation for M/C, wet clutch).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rotella T6 Synthetic - $18 a gallon at Wally World - can't beat the price,and it's JASO MA (motorcycle, wet clutch) certified. Any good oil will do as long as it's JASO MA (or other designation or M/C, wet clutch).
cool thanks! i didnt see ur post until now so i bought the lucas oil from O'reilly.

Have to do a rebuild due to the fact that my timing chain broke..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts