Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Got a 2007 raptor 700 SE for my little bro with a new Yoshi slip on, K & N air filter and a HMF power commander (which I dont think works correctly because on startup and in idle white smoke comes when you give let off the throttle and idles seem to slow down). Long story short he does not need the upgrades, but my stock 2016 I have been wanting a Yoshi exhaust but dont want to damage engine so was looking into a fuel commander as well not for power but more for sound. Can I put stock stuff from the 2016 onto the 2007 and take the slip on, HMF fuel commander and air filter and set it up onto my 2016?

Also how to properly do fuel mapping so white smoke doesn't come thank you!

·
Registered
760 Posts
im not 100% on the fuel controller, but for sure the slip on and air filter will work.
btw, if your bro is burning white smoke on deceleration his rings are most likely shot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not 100% on the fuel controller, but for sure the slip on and air filter will work.
btw, if your bro is burning white smoke on deceleration his rings are most likely shot.
See the thing is the guy we bought it from did a engine rebuild just in April and said he rode 20 hours since. Here are the receipts of what he supposedly did so do you still think its something major or maybe the mapping needs to be adjusted because he's running no Airbox as well.

·
Registered
605 Posts
New or not, something was not assembled and/or broken in right.
As said, white smoke is not caused by the wrong map in a power commander.
White smoke is usually anti-freeze, so it could be the head gasket or waterpump.
Worn rings usually cause a more blueish colored smoke.
Too rich will be black smoke, and too lean will be no smoke.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,174 Posts
SEIZED, crank?? I hope he flushed all the bearings of tiny metal that will go all thru the motor. I would drain the oil and check for junk with a magnet. Cut the oil filter open and check. Pull the filter at the bottom of the oil tank and inspect. Buy a magnetic Raptor specific drain plug.

As to the original question, the Slip On, air filter will work. If you got a MSD fuel controler, it won't fit, all others will.

·
Registered
760 Posts
That’s true, white smoke is usually coolant and bluish smoke would be oil.
Are you loosing coolant? Loosing oil? Look closely cause the bluish smoke still looks pretty white if you aren’t paying real close attention.
And no, def won’t be the map as was said above.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It only smokes white when giving throttle during idle. I’m waiting for carrier bearings to be replaced so it’s not rideable right now but coolant looks good.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,174 Posts
SEIZED, crank?? I would drain the oil and check for junk with a magnet. Cut the oil filter open and check. Pull the filter at the bottom of the oil tank and inspect. Buy a magnetic Raptor specific drain plug.
^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Reactions: morphrider
1 - 8 of 8 Posts