Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yes you can, no haven't done it. I would think you would need to go with electroless nickel.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Let me know how this goes!!! Was thinking with the blue frame I've got it would look AWESOME. . .

Of course, now that the Wife and I both have 700's, I'll have to do hers too!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Very nice! Who did the work for you? What's a good ball-park price for polishing all those parts?

Thanks!

Post pics when you get it all back on.

·
Registered
779 Posts
dunepimp said:
$300-320 thats one of my customers bikes hopefully i can get some pice of it after its done......my painter just finished his plastics to we're just waiting on some chrome pieces then it will be done.
That does look great, but are you putting anything on it to keep it from oxidizing? I work for a plastics machinery manufacturer and we have a die polishing department. Have all the goodies to polishing stuff, but I'm more concerned about it being something I'd have to continuously look after. I might have to do the top clamp on my Trailtech X-Bar clamp because the nickel plating they put on the aluminum isn't holding at all.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
A-arms look great polished when they are all nice and smooth. But after a season or two on the sand the surface will start to look pitted. That's the plus of using paint - fills in the pitts.
If you decide to polish the aluminum anyway you might shoot it with a couple of coats of clear to suppress oxidation.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Headrope said:
A-arms look great polished when they are all nice and smooth. But after a season or two on the sand the surface will start to look pitted. That's the plus of using paint - fills in the pitts.
If you decide to polish the aluminum anyway you might shoot it with a couple of coats of clear to suppress oxidation.
exactly and if you dont clear them then just keep them polished up with a little maintenance.....chrome isnt maintenance free either by any means.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.