Raptor Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
BLU700R said:
Hey rap7hundred what color plastics did you start with or does it not matter?
It started off blue.. i painted it silver for about 6 months and wanted a different scheme and went to this. It really dont matter what color it is to start off with because it gets a few coats of USC bumper cladding and adhesive primer. Best stuff on the market. Most flexible you can get. We have a link on our site that says "think paint wont stick" click on it and watch some of the stuff. There is more but we just didnt put up the videos.

It will stay nice as long as i want it to. Im not too big on making my own trails like im on a Grizzly 700. If the trails arent wide enough for me and my quad i dont ride there. I dont want to get scratched up nor do i care for my 8k dollar quad. Im sure it will eventually just like it did when it was blue and new but now when i get surface scratches i can buff them out just as you would with a car.. no problem. Cant buff out the new blue plastics. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
yeah the silver paint we had on rap7's took abuse big time.. georgia red clay mud, rocks, dust... not a single scratch or chip... pressure washed it and all too.... dont know why everyone has a mindset that i'll crack or fall off... shit just wont happen unless you sand or sand blast the shit lol...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Buck said:
JOHNNY BAJA said:
Buck said:
JOHNNY BAJA said:
Great timing... I just put on a GYTR front bumper and had it powder coated glossy black.
How much did that PC job cost you?
ONLY $15 DOLLARS AND 7 DAYS TO WAIT FOR IT INCLUDING THE WEEKEND.

-Johnny
who did it for you?
I have a place here in Phoenix, AZ that does all of my powder coating called Arizona Powder Coating.

5301 E. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034

They always to good work and have quick turn around.

-Johnny

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
JOHNNY BAJA said:
Buck said:
JOHNNY BAJA said:
Buck said:
JOHNNY BAJA said:
Great timing... I just put on a GYTR front bumper and had it powder coated glossy black.
How much did that PC job cost you?
ONLY $15 DOLLARS AND 7 DAYS TO WAIT FOR IT INCLUDING THE WEEKEND.

-Johnny
who did it for you?
I have a place here in Phoenix, AZ that does all of my powder coating called Arizona Powder Coating.

5301 E. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034

They always to good work and have quick turn around.

-Johnny
I might have to get ahold of them and see what they can do for me. THe people I talked to around here want like $40

·
Registered
562 Posts
If anybody would like to use Phoenix Powder Coating for any of their powder coating I will make a call to see if they will give us Raptorforum members a deal. Keep in mind that you have to pay shipping both ways so take that into account when you are comparing pricing. As far as finishing quality, you can't beat it. AWSOME WORK!

-Johnny

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
JOHNNY BAJA said:
If anybody would like to use Phoenix Powder Coating for any of their powder coating I will make a call to see if they will give us Raptorforum members a deal. Keep in mind that you have to pay shipping both ways so take that into account when you are comparing pricing. As far as finishing quality, you can't beat it. AWSOME WORK!

-Johnny

I'm here local. I'm going to give them a call. I was thinking about doing it with my rims too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
DG - mx

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha 700R
20 Posts
Post is 14 years old...
The gytr bumper is now available in black, and still plain aluminum.
LOL...did not see that....I have the aluminum GYTR as I could not find the matte black anywhere in stock. I’m going to find a local company to powder coat it matte black. Hopefully won’t cost too much

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I like that SE bumper. Anywhere to buy them from? (Haven’t looked into it yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SE bumper is a factory stock part, so you can buy them from the OEM section at Motosport, Partzilla, RockyMtnAtv, the dealer, etc.
But, like alot of oem 700 parts, they may be out of stock right now, and available who knows when.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The SE bumper is a factory stock part, so you can buy them from the OEM section at Motosport, Partzilla, RockyMtnAtv, the dealer, etc.
But, like alot of oem 700 parts, they may be out of stock right now, and available who knows when.
Cool, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 56 of 56 Posts