Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy has a Cannondale borred to a 468, ported, and full exhaust. He says he smoked a set up LTR450 and my raptor is no competion for him. I didnt say much becuase my bikes not running right now and I dont know anything about Cannondales. I couldnt find much info on these things, there supposed to be the best? Whats the deal?

My bike will be back together early march with a 4mm barkers stroker crank making it a 719, stg.1 cam, CT full system, filter, 11:1 wiesco. I know its far off but how do I compare to this guy?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Cannondale's are the shit there also fuel injected and have ben around for sometime

they got like 5 different model's the top of the line cannondale run's for about 10 grand

but that was like in 04

raptor's can keep up depending on what mod's u have

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Cannondales are quick and can be made quicker, but unless he's got a bottle your upcoming build shouldn't have to worry.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
With the stroker wouldn't you want more cam than the stage 1?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had a blaze 440, the GNCC style out of the box race bike. I had a 468 13:1 wiseco piston and cam work along with switching the spark arrestor only and filter, as my bike sits now the cannondale would win I think by atleast 4-6 lengths on the dirt/street wherever. There very fast and were way way ahead of there time, thats why the maintanence occured so often.

Find out which model he has, and get the details on the 468 kit and post them up. I'll be able to give you a fair guess then.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
My guess is that with your setup, you will be tough to beat by anything but a well built bike.

·
Registered
350 Posts
any updates? I'd like to hear the outcome of this one.... :thumbsup:

BTW raced a blaze 2 weekends ago in the 2nd, keep in mind with the motor on the bike now all I have is my exhaust/jetting/intake put down 51.6rwhp. He beat me by 2 lengths in the sand both of us on holeshot HD's, on the street side by side but up top he jumped out on me. He was running an athena kit(463cc)

·
Registered
639 Posts
my buddy has the top of the line cannondale, i cant remember which one it is. they are not made for drag racing. a stock raptor will beat the dale in a drag but he will kill you in mx. those things are wierd, you can hit a huge jump and come down hard on one wheel and it will land perfectly. but they are no drag racing machine

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think its the blaze also. dont know the details on the 468, this guy is full of it though, i dont think he would give me the details on it anyway. its my friend's friend, supposably he is coming down from jacksonville to do some riding soon. so hopefully we will get a race then

my motor should be back from CSR either today or tommorow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts