Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a set of arms off ebay for 110 + 22 shipping recently. auction said, "Great shape no bends Ball joints in great shape". seller had a 150+ rating with 100% feedback. i figured it was safe enough to buy.

i got them today, all 4 ball joint threads were hammered. i had to run my dye over the 2 upper arms and i salvaged them. both lowers are far beyond repair. the upper arm boots are seeping grease when the joint is moving back and forth.

to top it off, the "black lower arms". were HORRIBLE, chips everywhere, some rust showing. no grease fittings, no dust caps, no bushings, cant believe this shit.

as of now im leaving out seller name, im going to fight this for a refund. sorry, had to rant. ill upload some pics of the lower ball joint threads.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Did you see pics of these a-arms before you bid? If there were pics posted and they showed the damage, I'd say it's your fault. If there were pics of a-arms other than the ones you received, I'd say you got bent over. If there were no pics of the a-arms or the seller wouldn't furnish pics you shouldn't have bid. Let the buyer beware!

That's my Ebay advice for this evening!

Frank

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theres a pic of the arms, kinda blurry from about 5 feet away or so. just shows 4 arms basically. not clear enough to see how shitty the black paint was. obviously not near close enough to see the ball joints damaged.

if he wont offer a refund, im going to pursue a refund through paypal for false advertisement. the arms are not as advertised, not usable in their current condition, unless i press out 2 ball joints and spend another 40+ for more :confused: not to mention two leaking boots.

i just cant believe someone would try to pass something like this off as "great condition".

·
Registered
464 Posts
281pony said:
i purchased a set of arms off ebay for 110 + 22 shipping recently. auction said, "Great shape no bends Ball joints in great shape". seller had a 150+ rating with 100% feedback. i figured it was safe enough to buy.

i got them today, all 4 ball joint threads were hammered. i had to run my dye over the 2 upper arms and i salvaged them. both lowers are far beyond repair. the upper arm boots are seeping grease when the joint is moving back and forth.

to top it off, the "black lower arms". were HORRIBLE, chips everywhere, some rust showing. no grease fittings, no dust caps, no bushings, cant believe this shit.

as of now im leaving out seller name, im going to fight this for a refund. sorry, had to rant. ill upload some pics of the lower ball joint threads.

How did you pay the seller, Paypal?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
AJ RAPTOR said:
Flynbyu said:
What a dickhead.

Good luck man. Stick it in his ass!

~Brian
start with the balljoints :thumbsup:
Sounds like someone put some thought into this... Oh yeah that it is the part, right here big boy :moon:
Umm, anyway that sucks and good luck. Ebay can be a pain some times. :mad:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i paid with paypal, im going to dispute it if i dont hear back from him directly.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
pile0g00 said:
AJ RAPTOR said:
Flynbyu said:
What a dickhead.

Good luck man. Stick it in his ass!

~Brian
start with the balljoints :thumbsup:
Sounds like someone put some thought into this... Oh yeah that it is the part, right here big boy :moon:
Umm, anyway that sucks and good luck. Ebay can be a pain some times. :mad:
not that much thought after all if he can [email protected]#k the part then the part can [email protected]#k him :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah......I would file a paypal dispute immediately for "not as described".....get your money back!

·
Registered
94 Posts
man that is the reason i never use ebay. all i have to say is fuck ebay :wave-finger: --never used it :wave-finger: and i'm guessing that even if you try to dipute this with them ,that you will not get your money back.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
DENNERT said:
man that is the reason i never use ebay. all i have to say is fuck ebay :wave-finger: --never used it :wave-finger: and i'm guessing that even if you try to dipute this with them ,that you will not get your money back.
I couldn't disagree with you possibly anymore..... E-bay is a GREAT place. I mean, you have those random A$$holes.. but still. I will tell you, I have got my fair share of deals on there, my $135 Blackline AC pro Nerfs... mint :thumbsup: AC blackline bumper $40 mint.... so, i think this is just one of those random things that happens,. sorry it happend to you man, hope it doesn't keep you away from ebay :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
AHAHAHAHAHA what a retard! looks like he was beating on the threads of the balljoint to get it off and they mushroomed out...Probly were in good shape until he got ahold of them and started fuckin around with em'

·
Registered
297 Posts
hmmm...thats ebay, some good some bad just gotta make sure that what you are paying for is legit and make sure you cover all of your angles before you buy them. sorry for the inconvenience that the guy put you through, get your money back braddah

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
seems it worked out for now. filed with paypal and a refund was offered. less my shipping costs both ways, but whatever..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts