Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't decide between raptor 700's. 2007 Raptor SE for $7499 OTD, or 2007 Blue or Red for $6899, or a 2006 Yellow SE for $6599 OTD or an 06 white for $6399 OTD. I really like the 07 SE because of the black wheels and 450 front shocks. Like the yellow or white 06 but no 450 shocks, and least is the blue or red. What would I gain by saving a grand and getting the 06?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
824 Posts
You know you cant resist the 07 SE




and from what ive been reading, its the fastest one ;) :nana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
07 SE is pure sex.. .but if you have to settle for any of hte others... we all know white is the 2nd best :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
You'd gain a thousand bucks to spend on elka front shocks! And keep in mind that black plastic doesn't age well. Not that it it doesn't look great when it's new and shiny, but how long does that last? Now the white and blue '07 SE2 is another story for me - I'd pay extra for that beauty! but I just bought my white '06, so it ain't in the cards. Just my .02....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,554 Posts
SIC said:
You know you cant resist the 07 SE




and from what ive been reading, its the fastest one ;) :nana:
If Yamaha offered that with the frame the same color as the top I would nut on myself and go in debt!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
well $6,300 is to expensive for a 2006, my local dealer has 2007 SE for $6,300 OTD and they had a white 06 last week for $5199 OTD,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I am in the same boat too...

I really like the SE2 colors but they don't come out til Jan sometime. Right now I have the chance to get the SE for $6565 or the GYTR for $6631 OTD. It's an out of state purchase so there will not be any taxes applied. However, the prices are only good til Dec. 31. Right now I am leaning toward the GYTR because of the grab bar and heal guards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
loco said:
Can't decide between raptor 700's. 2007 Raptor SE for $7499 OTD, or 2007 Blue or Red for $6899, or a 2006 Yellow SE for $6599 OTD or an 06 white for $6399 OTD. I really like the 07 SE because of the black wheels and 450 front shocks. Like the yellow or white 06 but no 450 shocks, and least is the blue or red. What would I gain by saving a grand and getting the 06?
You know what they say about opinions an a22ho.....well, here's mine:

I'd lose the '06's, unless that dealer was going to get serious about their value with you. Consider this--he's "discounting" the '06 SE by a whopping $900. Then consider it's value after hitting the dirt _once_. For me to even consider an '06, he'd have to get in the 5K range.

Is $600 more "smart money" for the 07 SE? What upgrades are you going to do anyway? I got the Standard Blue 07 since it was a good base to start from. (Have only added skids/nerfs so far, and had I got a GYTR, I'd have already removed the aluminum heelguards since I went with the ProArmor Fat Peg Nerfs.) Will you upgrade the front shocks anyway to Elkas, etc.? This makes the 450 shocks a moot point.

Black rims look good, but so do silver, to me. Black will get gouged/scored/scraped off. Nothing a can of Krylon won't fix, though.

Personally, I think it boils down to color choice since the upgrades/mods will get done either at the factory, or in your garage. Six one way, half dozen the other...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
If you could get the 06 for less then I would go that route and throw on some performance and suspension parts. But if all they prices are where they stand now then I would get the 2007se cause that quad is sex on wheels. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Smoked where are you located. All these prices are for quads in the northern calfornia area.

smoked said:
well $6,300 is to expensive for a 2006, my local dealer has 2007 SE for $6,300 OTD and they had a white 06 last week for $5199 OTD,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Go with the 06 white, it will look newer years longer than any other color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Oklahoma, but shipping is olny like $200 for a quad and it takes a week to get prety much anywhere in the upper 48
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
If your not gonna go long travel, get one with Resivoir shocks.

I bought an 06 back in 05 so I had no choice on the shocks. If I were to do it again Id get the base model as the stock shocks, resi or not, will not work with long travel arms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Colorwise I like the yellow/black or the new grey/red. Id get one as cheap as I could and mod it the way I wanted. The black rims, res. shocks, and even color of the plastics can all be upgraded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,514 Posts
smoked said:
Oklahoma, but shipping is olny like $200 for a quad and it takes a week to get prety much anywhere in the upper 48

are you sure about shipping? have you got quotes yet? i shipped mine from MN to CA and got at least 15 quotes..ranging from 1500$ down to 450.00$, guess which one i took... i'd rather have 200, who can do it for that price? i may ship it back to MN when i move if i can do it for 200
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
NICK said:
smoked said:
Oklahoma, but shipping is olny like $200 for a quad and it takes a week to get prety much anywhere in the upper 48

are you sure about shipping? have you got quotes yet? i shipped mine from MN to CA and got at least 15 quotes..ranging from 1500$ down to 450.00$, guess which one i took... i'd rather have 200, who can do it for that price? i may ship it back to MN when i move if i can do it for 200
Damn man i shipped a truck from cali to Indiana for $900
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top