Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas... Ive been having this problem for sometime now and I cant figure it out...My quad seemed like it was misfiring( a jerking feeling) so I changed the plug, still same problem I changed the stator, rectifire, cdi and soon th coil and Im still having the smae problem, but it doesnt so it in 3rd.4th.and 5th... could it be my tranny? I have a 2001 660 bored to 686 with a 02 bottomend ( so I was told) I bought the motor off a member from another site. I pulled my magnetic drain plug and the was only a lilttle but of metal shavings on it...I dont understand it...thanks for your help guys!- Swanny

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hey fellas... Ive been having this problem for sometime now and I cant figure it out...My quad seemed like it was misfiring( a jerking feeling) so I changed the plug, still same problem I changed the stator, rectifire, cdi and soon th coil and Im still having the smae problem, but it doesnt so it in 3rd.4th.and 5th... could it be my tranny? I have a 2001 660 bored to 686 with a 02 bottomend ( so I was told) I bought the motor off a member from another site. I pulled my magnetic drain plug and the was only a lilttle but of metal shavings on it...I dont understand it...thanks for your help guys!- Swanny
You are saying it doesnt do it in 3rd, 4th, and 5th, so it only does it in 1st and 2nd, and if so what RPM range and throttle range...........

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Sounds like your problem invovles the carbs

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cleaned the $hit outta my carbs twice, pretty much if I try to give it any throttle past idle it does it in 1st and 2nd.. gonna pull the cover off tomm and check the clutch out pat..hows everything goin man?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I cleaned the $hit outta my carbs twice, pretty much if I try to give it any throttle past idle it does it in 1st and 2nd.. gonna pull the cover off tomm and check the clutch out pat..hows everything goin man?
I would check the carbs again and maybe raise the needles......

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks willy Ill give that a try...I disconnected the parking brake sensor a while ago pat...that switch should be good...ill check the N/R sensor too...thanks guys...hey pat me and a buddy were looking into that area out in Ft Meade to go riding sometime...ever been?

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Went to Dirty Foot...honestly, I'm not really that impressed anymore, gets boring after 2-3 runs. I want to hit up motoplex next, never been there. Or worse case Croom in Brooksville, FL

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Willy I tried adjusting the needles like you said, they were on the bottom slot so I put the clip up two slots and it still did the same thing, when I was riding around today if did the same thing at low rpm in third now, like really low rpm. Dont get it man...any thoughts anyone? Thanks guys!-Swanny.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well Willy I tried adjusting the needles like you said, they were on the bottom slot so I put the clip up two slots and it still did the same thing, when I was riding around today if did the same thing at low rpm in third now, like really low rpm. Dont get it man...any thoughts anyone? Thanks guys!-Swanny.
So if the needles clips were in the bottom, and you raised the clips, you actually lowered the needles...........

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well for the hell of it I jacked up the ass end to see if it would still "jump" and it didnt, I gave it some throttle in 1st and it didnt jump under no load, it just does it when Im rideing it under load... I also readjusted the needles in the diaphram back to the bottom setting and just put the thicker washer under the clip with the skinnier washer and white plastic spacer above the clip where the spring meets it..could it be the clutch?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found these today when I pulled the covers off, some scaring the flywheel side on the inside of the case...cant wait to see what caused it...

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Found these today when I pulled the covers off, some scaring the flywheel side on the inside of the case...cant wait to see what caused it...

Looks like a piece of the decompression mechanism came apart and fell to the bottom of the motor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts