Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple of weekends ago i took my 700r to the local performance atv shop. these guys have banshees that run 6 seconds in the 1/8 so they know a thing or two about atv engines. well this one weekend they had a 700r with blaster front shocks, 18" rear tires and the front fenders shaved along with the front brakes removed. the bike set pretty low to the ground and appeared to have a stock motor. I lined up against that 700 and got my ass handed to me a couple of times. we went from a roll and I still lost by a quad and a half. when they put the 20x10x9 othsu 501 rears on, that gap increased even more. I know how to ride my bike and just to prove that point, i had us race from a roll so that way its all throttle and very little clutch. I'm thinking they had to have ported the head or something else which would explain why that 700 ran the way it did. they even beat my buddy on his built yfz450 a couple times. When I say built, i'm talking crank, piston, port/polished, cam and full exhaust. That 450 and my 700 usually run within a half of quad of one another when we race. Does shaving the fenders and removing the front brakes remove that much weight? Please shares your thoughts on my experience. 8)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I don't think that little weight savings made that big a differance. Sounds like some motor work to me. You never know whats is on the inside. Looks don't always tell the truth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the fender shaving is more for less wind ressitance than weight .

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
madrappy said:
I think the fender shaving is more for less wind ressitance than weight .
Back in the day my sponser had a quadzilla 500 built and he drilled holes in the fenders because it kept lifting up on the top end. Nothing worse then having tires a foot off the ground at 70 or 80mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.