Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just finished a clutch swap, but between when I took everything apart and put everything together a month passed because of a backordered part, i drew a map of the bolts on the crankcase and on the water pump, but when putting everything back together i cant find the place for this bolt. i dont want to run the bike like this. i have 14 bolts on the crank case and 6 on the water pump plus the three for the oil filter, where else should i look for a place for the bolt? or where else does the bike use this kind of bolt?

Attachments

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hi,

I just finished a clutch swap, but between when I took everything apart and put everything together a month passed because of a backordered part, i drew a map of the bolts on the crankcase and on the water pump, but when putting everything back together i cant find the place for this bolt. i dont want to run the bike like this. i have 14 bolts on the crank case and 6 on the water pump plus the three for the oil filter, where else should i look for a place for the bolt? or where else does the bike use this kind of bolt?
Inside the water pump.............

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

ok ill bite, sounds logicall, i am trying to find it in the parts manual and the service manual but it doesnt show where it would go.

if i didnt have to leave the job half done for a month i am sure i would hve remebered.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
8mm is the socket size you use to tighten the bolt? want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding...if it is, then it's probably the long bolt that goes through the water pump cover to the case, I believe there are two of them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope, got all 14 bolts of the crankcase, 6 of the water pump and three of the oil filter in

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
the only bolt i see that it could be, thats on the case, is the bolt that holds the oil line to the case.
That would be my guess too, if you have all 14 bolts in the cover. Is it identical to all the other cover bolts you installed? The parts diagram shows that all 14 bolts are the same part number as well as the bolt for the oil line clamp, so check the oil line.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats the clamp that holds the collant overflow line, its in.

al 14 bolts are in the crank case. i suspect this is for the water pump, because its longer than the ones for the crankcase. thing is, that all 6 bolts are on the water pump.

lts put it this way, first i assembled the crankcase. put all 14 bolts and clamps in, counted them, searched for empty holes and nothing, so i put in the water pump, lubed the o-ring, got the gears engaged, and then i put the water pump cover, put all 6 bolts in, fitted the hoses, tightened the clamp and voila all done.......but no, theres one bolr missing

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
If it is longer than the cover bolts, then the only other longer bolts are the two lower front ones on the water pump cover. The top middle bolt is super long and the other three are pretty short.

Looking at your pic of the bolt, it looks like the proper length for the lower front of the water pump and by the way the threads don't go the entire length, but you say all 6 bolts are already there.:confused:

Like you say, there are 14 bolts for the cover, 6 for the water pump and three for the oil filter cover, but those 3 are allen head.

Did you double check the cover and see if they are in fact all in there? If they are, then your bolts must be reproducing on your bench.:)

Willy mentioned a bolt behind the water pump, but that is only on the 660 and the bolt is not as long as the one you posted.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's possible that 'this' bolt should of been somewhere else where he put the 'real' missing bolt instead. Just searching 'fish might not find her... Maybe any bolts with full length threads? IE not DIN 912? Any other bolts near 2" ?? Does its head type match with any (hopefully not all) of the ones you removed?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
700 doesn't have that bolt like the 660

there are 2 bolts that length that run thru the watter pump the others are short, same with all the cover bolts

did u happen to remove the Battery negative line to the case or anything on the other side of the motor?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts