Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. My raptor won't idle w/o the choke on. When it does, it idles smooth but I can't turn it completely off or it dies. Also when you just tap the throttle, it dies out. You can hear it suck air through the intake but it's not getting fuel. The carbs have been off 3 times and cleaned each time. The strange thing is that one night it idled the same with the choke on but it reved up fine and was able to ride with no issues, just couldn't turn the choke off. The next morning, back to the way it was, couldn't rev at 1/8 throttle. If you just punch the throttle, it revs fine all the way to wot. I'm at a loss. Current set up is 165/170 mains, 27.5 pilot. 2.5/3 turns out. Full exhaust, and open intake box with k&n.
This set up has worked for 2 years but last year started bogging down while riding, so it's been parked until the last couple months that I've been trying to figure this out. Any Help?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I need help. My raptor won't idle w/o the choke on. When it does, it idles smooth but I can't turn it completely off or it dies. Also when you just tap the throttle, it dies out. You can hear it suck air through the intake but it's not getting fuel. The carbs have been off 3 times and cleaned each time. The strange thing is that one night it idled the same with the choke on but it reved up fine and was able to ride with no issues, just couldn't turn the choke off. The next morning, back to the way it was, couldn't rev at 1/8 throttle. If you just punch the throttle, it revs fine all the way to wot. I'm at a loss. Current set up is 165/170 mains, 27.5 pilot. 2.5/3 turns out. Full exhaust, and open intake box with k&n.
This set up has worked for 2 years but last year started bogging down while riding, so it's been parked until the last couple months that I've been trying to figure this out. Any Help?
Check the pilot circuit, 27s are plenty big, also check the passages at the fuel screws that they arent clogged. Another thing to check is to make sure that the little tips arent broken of the fuel screws, if they are missing they could be lodged in the carb throat, check for the fuel screw holes in the throttle bore...............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts