Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the Pro design case saver, Thor mx boots, Thor RIDE pants, 22" mudlites, and my favorite the Thor impact rig SE chest protector. I still have the Dr D reverse lever, Tag +1 stem, Pro Taper bars, and Acerbis Rally pro gaurds to put on. Been lazy and didn't feel like getting half way in and not being able to get out tommorrow. if you know what I mean. AnywayJust felt like BS..ing a little. If anone has any ofthe gear above let me know if you like it..... Or hints on breaking the boots in...

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
I have the Thor boots. They are pretty good boots, the price was even better when compared to the other brands! They do the job for me. No info on breaking them in though, I just throw them on and ride.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I use the thor boots too, best bang for your buck imo.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have the Pro Taper's and the Rally Pro's. Great combination once you get them mounted where you like them. I went out riding today in the sleet/freezing rain, and the Acerbis' kept my gloves surprisingly dry.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I can relate. Sometimes it's more fun to sit at the computer and order stuff than to actually work............

·
Registered
497 Posts
Is there a support group for guys like us? I know it's not on these forums, these guys keep egging us on to buy more stuff.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So a bunch of things came in this week but no time to put them on. Dad is in the hospital again. It's a never ending thing with him since he fell out of a tree while hunting and paralyzed himelf from the chest down. So everyone be safe it only takes a second and things can change forever. So I am running like crazy to go to work and visit him. Maybe next week I'll finally get a chance to tinker and get some pictures of my toy with all its new trimmings. Stem, bars, case saver, 22" mudlites, Dr D reverse lever, handgaurds. Damn I can't wait.

·
Registered
497 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
So a bunch of things came in this week but no time to put them on. Dad is in the hospital again. It's a never ending thing with him since he fell out of a tree while hunting and paralyzed himelf from the chest down. So everyone be safe it only takes a second and things can change forever. So I am running like crazy to go to work and visit him. Maybe next week I'll finally get a chance to tinker and get some pictures of my toy with all its new trimmings. Stem, bars, case saver, 22" mudlites, Dr D reverse lever, handgaurds. Damn I can't wait.
He's right. My dad was hit by a truck last year while broke down on the side of the road. 17 days in a coma, 5 months in a hospital and 5 more months in rehab. Lost his business but kept what was left of his leg. In 30 seconds, lives were changed forever- not just his, the whole family. Any one of us could be next.

·
Registered
37 Posts
^^yeah it dosen't take much to change your life forever... :( sorry to hear about your dad...
my dad just fell off of his dump truck and broke his ankle. the thing that sucks is that he's in business for himself...can't drive a dump truck with a broken ankle...
-the Dr. D reverse lever will give you trouble if you have a longer steering stem or clamp conversion. I have a stock steering stem on mine, and bought PRO taper oversized bars. these came with a clamp conversion kit which only raised my bars about an inch. When i installed my reverse lever, the cable was a little short. you CAN make it work though, it just won't sit as close to your throttle as it does in the pic when you buy it. Also when you turn your handlebars all the way to the right, it will pull the cable tight... nothing you can't work around though... :thumbsup:

-As far as breaking your boots in, try putting them in a bucket of ALMOST BOILING water for about 15-20 mins, then take them out and walk around in them. I don't know if this actually works, but the guys at ellicott city motorsports told me about it...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sorry to hear of all the bad times guys, hope things get better.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the thoughts. Riding the Rap is one of the ways I can escape the reality of it but I am sure it is that way for everyone. Ride hard and be safe fellas.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
Just ordered the Pro design case saver, Thor mx boots, Thor RIDE pants, 22" mudlites, and my favorite the Thor impact rig SE chest protector. I still have the Dr D reverse lever, Tag +1 stem, Pro Taper bars, and Acerbis Rally pro gaurds to put on. Been lazy and didn't feel like getting half way in and not being able to get out tommorrow. if you know what I mean. AnywayJust felt like BS..ing a little. If anone has any ofthe gear above let me know if you like it..... Or hints on breaking the boots in...
When I was in the Marines we used to break in out Boots by getting them soaking wet and wearing them. Yea, I know that sounds like a hassle, but it was alot better than going on a 50-60 mile 3-4 day exercise with a pair of boots that were so new and gave you the blisters from HELL!

·
Registered
596 Posts
i got the thor boots too. nice boot for the money. only way to break them in is to use them. Let me know if you like that Dr D reverse.....thought about getting it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
When I was in the Marines we used to break in out Boots by getting them soaking wet and wearing them. Yea, I know that sounds like a hassle, but it was alot better than going on a 50-60 mile 3-4 day exercise with a pair of boots that were so new and gave you the blisters from HELL!
[/quote]

That is old school break in right there. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
FIVE-O said:
That is old school break in right there. :grin_nod:
[/quote]

Showing my age huh? :grin_nod:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.