Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can seem to tighten my chain i've done this a few times and always was able to do it i just bought a new chain and adjusted it and i need to adjust it again but it wont tighten up any help plz

·
Registered
675 Posts
if i am whats the next step??
If you are maxed out on your adjustment,you will have to take a link out of the chain.Best thing to do is count the links on your old chain.Scott.

·
Registered
675 Posts
my new chain and old chain have the same amount of links? how do you max out the adjustment??
Is your old chain the stock chain?Stock swingarm?etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes my old chain was the stock one i bought a new one the same length and everything else is still stock

·
Registered
675 Posts
yes my old chain was the stock one i bought a new one the same length and everything else is still stock[/QUOTE Did you physically count the links on both chains? Don't assume the new one is the same length just because you ordered it the same.Physically count the links again just to be sure.If they are the same amount of links,you should have no problems.Are you sure you loosened all the pinch bolts enough?I've noticed when i do my son's chain,i loosen them once and then go back thru them again and the first one that i loosened is tight again.So make sure you loosen them a couple times.I'm not trying to bust your balls,just tryin to help.When you have problems with something it's easy to overlook stuff.Good luck.Scott.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya thanks but i have counted the links in both the chains same amount and i have loosened all the pinch bolt all are loose just cant get the chain to tighten when i installed new chain it tightened right up first try rode quite a few times and now i cant get it to tighten up again??

·
Registered
675 Posts
ya thanks but i have counted the links in both the chains same amount and i have loosened all the pinch bolt all are loose just cant get the chain to tighten when i installed new chain it tightened right up first try rode quite a few times and now i cant get it to tighten up again??
When you try to tighten it,I know you can,t get it to tighten up but will it go the other way where it is extremely loose.If it will, i would take one link out and try again.Hope ya get it goin.Scott.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts