Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drainline coming out from underneath the bowl on the passenger side carb has alot of gas leaking out of it (when the motor is not running and gas is turned on) after a carb overhaul/re-jet I had done in a local shop... Is there an easy adjustment fix to this? There is a screw right above the line where it exits the bottom of the float bowl.. Or is my float stuck open??

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tap the bowl that is leaking gas with a screw driver to see if that stops the fuel from running out of the overflows. If that doesn't fix it the shop that did you work may have set the floats to high and its letting the bowl fill up with too much gas. Check the sticky on Carb mods and Clear tube method that is found here to fix it. http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=5817.0101

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
wouldn't it be possible that the overflow valve is open? try to screw the screw right above it in.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I thought i had a serious jetting problem, only to realize, my gas wasn't turned on. LMAO

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mine do this and its cause I set the floats to high. One way to check the floats is jack the front of the bike up. When i have the front wheels a few inches off the ground mine quits leaking. I've been too lazy to pull the carbs back off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts