Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just recently received an 09 raptor 350 and I’ve cleaned the carb multiple times now but it still doesn’t run right. It has stock exhaust and carb jets, has K&N filter and no air box lid, it idles perfect and will run for a bit, but it will start to backfire and pop about half way through the revs, I figured it was bad gas so I ran it for a while hoping it would clean itself out, it ended up getting really hot and died, wouldn’t start for a while and when I did it was doing the same thing, I’m suspecting it’s leaning out but I don’t know how to work with carbs

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
I’ve just recently received an 09 raptor 350 and I’ve cleaned the carb multiple times now but it still doesn’t run right. It has stock exhaust and carb jets, has K&N filter and no air box lid, it idles perfect and will run for a bit, but it will start to backfire and pop about half way through the revs, I figured it was bad gas so I ran it for a while hoping it would clean itself out, it ended up getting really hot and died, wouldn’t start for a while and when I did it was doing the same thing, I’m suspecting it’s leaning out but I don’t know how to work with carbs
You need to either richen the jetting (bigger pilot, raise needle, bigger main) or put a lid on the airbox.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think i may be having a mild case of the same issue. Everything runs fine once its warmed up but in when it first starts up it seems to have a sort of backfire from the carb in low RPMs, almost seems like a "hiccup". Let me know if you find a solution or if anyone else has any tips to fix the issue please let me know. Replacing the filter and filter cage soon so hopefully it runs a little smoother. Could the air filter be letting in too much air? The foam on the under side of the cage is worn badly so it does not make a tight seal when placed in the airbox. Hence why I am replacing the entire cage. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts