Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new to the form and have been reading a lot and can’t find my answer. I bought a 05 raptor bored to a 686 big gun ecu and is running with out the air box lid. Bike starts and runs fine up untill half throttle then it starts to bog down. I don’t know if it has a jet kit in it yet. I would assume so but you know what they say about assuming. My question is do I go with the 160/165 mains and 27.5 pilots? I plan on getting the new kit and rebuilding it then. Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am on the east coast of Florida 25’ above sea level. I have rebuilt the carbs changed to 27.5 pilots and a 165/167.5 mains. Needle is on the 3rd clip and my screws are turned out 2 on the left and 2 7/8 on the right. Thinking about switching my stock needles. I have a slight hesitation about 3/4 throttle in 3rd gear and up but 1st and 2nd gear are fine

·
Registered
750 Posts
DJ needles in their jet kit are superior to stock, have a different taper, and make more power.
Both fuel screws should be set the same.
You should try the needles to the 4th clip, but do that seperate from the the fuel screws.
One adjustment at a time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DJ needles in their jet kit are superior to stock, have a different taper, and make more power.
Both fuel screws should be set the same.
You should try the needles to the 4th clip, but do that seperate from the the fuel screws.
One adjustment at a time.
Yeah I am a pro now at taking the carbs off to adjust the screws. I was wondering if I should have both screws set the same. I guess I will take them off and adjust both to 2.5 and go from there. Can I buy just the needles or do I have to get the whole jet kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts