Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so a buddy and i just recently got quads. I got a yfz 450 and he got a raptor 350. The other day we where riding in the snow and his quad kept losing power. It wouldnt turn completely off but would lose all momentum. So with that being said he goes to tell me he'll wait till spring to clean it because its too cold out ::) . I hate this, i dont see how you spend close to $2000 on something and not fix it when it starts to act up. So, i said i would clean his carb for him to see if that took care of it. I unscrewed where the choke goes in, when i saw what it was i put it right back in. Then i took the bowl off and unscrewed what i could and tried to flush it with carb cleaner. I set the screw underneath to the front 3 turns out from tight. Also, we took the lid off the diaghram saw what it was and tried to put it back but didnt feel right so redid it. It starts up still but you hear like a knocking sound inside it probably every couple of seconds in the carb. Losing the battle.

The quad is an 05 raptor 350 with a fmf powercore 4. Im not positive about the # of the jets. All help is greatly appreciated,
Mike

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi! I had a problem with my carburetor diaphragm once, it got damaged in just a couple of rides... Fortunately the warranty was still up, and Yamaha sent me a new one from netherlands! I have no idea what your problem might be but if i were you i would take the quad to a yamaha shop" and try to get it fixed there...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at a carb diagram recently i noticed he was missing nearly half the stuff in the needle assembly. He had the needle, a white washer, a spring, and a plastic peice. Also im thinking the diagphram could have been pinched. Gonna take a look at it soon, just too tired to do so no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts