Raptor Forum banner
201 - 220 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don't know why this question is coming up again he already answered me with the same question?? You should really read threw the thread bud

Question 3: To get the 3mm clear tube measurement, do I measure from line A or line B in the picture below?

I've attached larger resolution pictures for reference.

Thanks Fellas![/QUOTE]

For question 3. The last time I spoke to Freeze he told me you would measure from point A using the clear tube.

This was also my question

Thanks guys.

A easy way to find 3mm, is to look at the carb. Find the split. Then if you look at it, and you move your eyes up a tad, you will see it has a shoulder, which goes over the float bowl and hold it it place. IF you go a tad futher up, you will see form the shoulder there is a 45 degree angle or support. Where that 45 degree angel stops, or joins up with flat body of the carb, that is 3mm. Mark where the shoulder and flat side meets, and you make sure the fuel level is level with that mark.

Hope that clears up a few things.
Ok I took a way better pic that might help many people of the carbs. The shoulder on the carbs that Freez is talking about razes a question. My question is do you measure the 3mm at the top of the shoulder on the carbs or at the bottom of the shoulder on the carbs? So in my pic is it the red arrow you measure to or is it the green arrow you measure the 3mm.

His Respond

It is 3mm above the split where the two parts come together. To simplify the 3mm measurement, you can use the edge where the RED arrow is pointing to in the above picture. That is 3mm above the split. DO NOT USE THE GREEN ONE.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone have pics for Freez's clear tube method

I want to attempt the clear tube mod but none of the pics from freez's original post work. I really need those pics. Does someone else have any pics that would work with his post? Any help would be great. someone should make a youtube video of how to do this.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
When I first joined the forum last year I spent about 2 days scouring the interwebz for the pictures, but I never found them!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Post em if you can!! I know I spent a good 2 days at work scouring the web looking for them!

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I can't remember which thread I saved these off. Hope they help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Another.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Third

Attachments

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Fourth

Attachments

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Final

Attachments

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
thanks dusty.. is that one pic of the float the way im supposed to make mine look like?
Hey Quinn, sorry I haven't actually done it yet. Just saved the images a while ago in case. But yeah I'm pretty sure that's what it should look like.

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,688 Posts
Temporarily stickied so I don't lose it.
Would it be possible to edit Freez's original post of this method so that the pictures refelect in there again? I know its a lot of work, but quite often people are asking for it.

Reactions: oldraptor660
201 - 220 of 262 Posts