Raptor Forum banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I cannot get the pictures to display. Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice info, but is it just me or is none of the pics showing up? New to the quad world and trying to pick up any trick to help me lol pictures are a big help to me atm

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
The original pics were gone fast, I had a set backed up but I just got an email from them that said they wiped all my pictures because I didn't sign up for some premium account. I think I have them backed up but it might take some work to find which one of my external backup drives they are on.

I'll see what I can do but I won't likely have time until I get back home next weekend. Apologies for not realizing these were down. I see a couple other threads I was using them for are having the same problems now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just did this on my Raptor this past weekend and its quite simple. Attached are a few pics that I would liked to have for mine but alas.
I initially set both floats at 15mm and checked them with the clear tube. My left (primary) carb was spot on at 3mm but my Right (secondary) was too high so I had to set that float to 14mm and then it turned out perfect.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just did this on my Raptor this past weekend and its quite simple. Attached are a few pics that I would liked to have for mine but alas.
I initially set both floats at 15mm and checked them with the clear tube. My left (primary) carb was spot on at 3mm but my Right (secondary) was too high so I had to set that float to 14mm and then it turned out perfect.

I couldn't add pics to that last post so I'll try again

·
Registered
2 Posts
jeeze man thank you for adding the photos again. and thanks everyone for creating and discovering this mod... now just to get started

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work on a few bikes with the Mikuni CV carbs ,
Here's an additional refinement to the clear tube fuel level reading setup. I added a Tee with a drain valve so any air bubbles can be easily and positively flushed out and the level re-checked several times to observe flow rate and repeatability. Also after the bowl drain is closed, the loop can be emptied cleanly. Obviously the second picture isn't a Raptor motor, but the procedure is the same. (Yamacati Raptor 904?)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
SUPER TWEAKER
Tired of burnt and tortured fingers adjusting those low speed carb needles ?
Found the perfect adjuster for a whole $7. and it works on all the CV carb'd rides in the motor pool.
Have a search for: "GIVERARE 33 IN 1 Professional Screwdriver Kit"
got mine from Amazon. Amazon.com: Magnetic Precision Screwdriver Set with Flexible Bar, Extension Bar, Magnifier,GIVERARE 33 in 1 Professional Screwdriver Kit with 30 Bits, Driver Kit for iPhone, iPad, Mobile, Laptop, PC, Electronics: Home Improvement
You can clamp the bit holder end with hemostats or Vicegrips or whatever and it rotates inside.
Pretty precise, the little ball keeper makes counting off turns easy.
I am not an endorser - just pretty happy with a good cheap item that really works..
Jim

Attachments

241 - 252 of 252 Posts