Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I posted my question in the carb mods and clear tube method explained thread with no answer I think people just dont really look at those threads any more. Well my question is for the people that have done this mod Freez stated

Thanks guys.

A easy way to find 3mm, is to look at the carb. Find the split. Then if you look at it, and you move your eyes up a tad, you will see it has a shoulder, which goes over the float bowl and hold it it place. IF you go a tad futher up, you will see form the shoulder there is a 45 degree angle or support. Where that 45 degree angel stops, or joins up with flat body of the carb, that is 3mm. Mark where the shoulder and flat side meets, and you make sure the fuel level is level with that mark.

Hope that clears up a few things.
Ok I took a way better pic that might help many people of the carbs. The shoulder on the carbs that Freez is talking about razes a question. My question is do you measure the 3mm at the top of the shoulder on the carbs or at the bottom of the shoulder on the carbs? So in my pic is it the red arrow you measure to or is it the green arrow you measure the 3mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
The way I read Freez's post is.....3mm is measured from the split. Split = the carb bowl and carb body seam. 3mm ends up being were your "red" arrow is. You are measuring 3mm up from the split. You want your fuel level in your clear tube to line up with the point where your red arrow is.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way I read Freez's post is.....3mm is measured from the split. Split = the carb bowl and carb body seam. 3mm ends up being were your "red" arrow is. You are measuring 3mm up from the split. You want your fuel level in your clear tube to line up with the point where your red arrow is.
Ok thank you for clearing this up for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts