Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I give it a decent amount throttle it just falls flat on its face and bogs but it won't stall... any gear or in neutral dosnt matter... I checked my floats and they are exactly at 13mm, I would do the clear tube method but I dont have a piece of clear tube... but I did notice when I put my carbs back on and fire it up I had it in neutral and I was slowly reving it up and the reverse light started flashing? anybody know anything about that too...

·
Registered
960 Posts
or when you are in neutral and u rev it up past the normal choke speed it is just a rev warnign light not much to worry about

sounds like you are running lean letting 2 much air in if it starts to bog at aroung 1\2 throttle if you have your air box lid off try putting the fiter and that back on if not bump your main jets up a few it would ulso help us if you could tell us your mods to

so try that i am not 100% on this but that is what happend to me
good luck bro

·
Registered
297 Posts
also you may have a clogged jet. i would tear the carb back apart and take your jets out (do one carb at a time) and spray real good with carb clean. then blow it all out with a air compressor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just did the clear tube method its about 3mm above the split in the carb. heres what happened... i was out at a mx track a couple sundays ago and as the day went on it started spitting and sputtering so i figured i got something in my carb and id clean it out no biggie, well i come back didnt touch it for a couple days and i go out to take it for a spin and try to diagnose the problem and it was just running like shit give it about half throttle or more and it would just spit and sputter... it ran perfectly fine before that so thats how i dont see how the jetting could be off. i cant remember what jets are in it, the only mods i have are a yoshimura slip on and a k&n with a powerlid it had these mods on when i got it and they were jetted for them

·
Registered
960 Posts
do what the other guy said take it apart and clean the jets one carb at a time use and aircompressor that is set very low onpressure i had that proble also for a while

·
Registered
1 Posts
on the left side of the motor near the shift lever there are two "switches" threaded into the case. The higher switch has a phillips head screw on it w/ a wire attatched and the lower one has a plastic wire connector on it with two wires, one light blue, and one green w/ white stripe. The lower switch one is your reverse rev limiter switch, its probably bad, replace it or follow the wires up to the connector ground out the light blue wire while keepin the connector together and you'll be up and runnin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts