Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my raptor recently and it had a small fuel leak which was a good price negotiating factor. However after a few weeks the carb pours fuel when the petcock is open. I bought an eBay carb which was a mistake. After them sending 2 poor quality carbs I got my money back. I then tried to fix the leak on my carb. I replaced the gaskets on both bowls thinking that was the problem. However it is still pouring out gas. It seems to be coming from a bar that goes between both carbs. I figured I’d ask if this is an easy fix before I tore them entire thing down trying to fix it. Has anyone had this problem and solved it? I tried searching but didn’t find anything that solved my specific problem on this forum but if i missed a previously posted solution I’m sorry for wasting time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It sounds like a float is sticking or set too high. Check both floats for operation and set the height. You can find a great video on YouTube the shows the level set process. Also sometimes when I take my carb off and put it back on it will leak at first then I shut the valve and run it out of fuel and then it's good from there. Before removing the carbs try tapping on the bowls lightly and see if it makes it stop

1 - 2 of 2 Posts