Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 4 wheeler was leaning out real bad and upon inspection i found gunk in the tank. i removed the tank and cleaned it out really well. i removed the carb dissassembled and cleaned it all out and put it back together. after that the 4 wheel will only run with throttle and you can tell its super rich. i have the mixtures screws only .5 turns out and its still too rich. What could have gone wrong. If you turn the fuel to off once it starts running low the bike will start idling right so i know its a rich problem. any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Did you put your needles at the wrong clip? Is the choke stuck?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt take the clips off the needle at all. and choke seems to be working, it seems to be running way richer than the choke would be able to provide. I just noticed that when i removed the mixture screws the tip on the left carbs screw is longer than the right side. Is that normal or is that my problem?

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
So, what are your mods, what is your jetting?

The fuel screws only affect idle to 1/4 throttle, so if you truly are 'really rich' when hard on the throttle, it's not the screws, it's something else.

Did you remove every jet (all 5) and clean them thourougly - rodding out the pilot jet's passages? If not, do this first, then tell us what symptoms are left.

if the point is missing from one of the screws, this might cause some issues around idle but not much way up on throttle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the quad is completly stock including all the jets. i removed everyone and pushed all the debris through and soaked all of the jets over night in carb wash.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i didnt take the clips off the needle at all. and choke seems to be working, it seems to be running way richer than the choke would be able to provide. I just noticed that when i removed the mixture screws the tip on the left carbs screw is longer than the right side. Is that normal or is that my problem?
The tip of the fuel mixture screw may be stuck in the throttle body, they can break off and lodge in the passage...........
As far as the rough running this can be caused by too high fuel level in the float bowl, which can be a sticking needle and seat............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts