Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first post. i read all the info on the carb problems that were posted and the info lead me to a problem that i havent read about here or anywere else. i cleaned the carbs as recommended (great help by the way) and it didnt help. i tore the carbs apart again and found that the needle valves at the floats were fused to the housings with corrosion. there made of aluminum and it was just like battery corrosion. i had to file off the corrosion with a fingernail file to prevent gouging the splines on the needle valves.
can any one tell me if running cam 2 could have caused this corrosion

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
this is my first post. i read all the info on the carb problems that were posted and the info lead me to a problem that i havent read about here or anywere else. i cleaned the carbs as recommended (great help by the way) and it didnt help. i tore the carbs apart again and found that the needle valves at the floats were fused to the housings with corrosion. there made of aluminum and it was just like battery corrosion. i had to file off the corrosion with a fingernail file to prevent gouging the splines on the needle valves.
can any one tell me if running cam 2 could have caused this corrosion
Cam 2 wouldnt, but water will............
And why would you run Cam 2, you needs lots of compression to burn that stuff properly............

1 - 2 of 2 Posts