Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to go look at an 05 raptor 660r and the guy told me that he has it set up to run rich, which why he has it rich is because he said it creates more torque. Is this true>? It sounds kind of fishy to me and i've never heard of running any bike either rich or lean. halp please. it also has a 11:1 wiseco and hotcam if that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Flynbyu said:
No it's not true.

It just means you're burning more fuel.

~Brian
And fouling plugs. And loading up if you ride slow trails. And possibly washing down cylinder walls if it's really rich. All less than ideal things.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Leaning a bike out makes a bit more hp, richening the mixture makes a little less but it's not going to burn up on you. As for creating more torque I'm not so sure, perhaps its the loss of top end power that makes the bottom end seem stronger.

But these "rich" and "lean" mixtures are very small variations on the stoich scale and not something that the avergage do-it-yourself guy is going to notice or be able to fine tune when swapping jets in his garage and doing plug chops. You'd need an EGT or O2 sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.