Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the raptor,and to the forum, nice site.
What is the stock carb size on a 660?
I just picked up an 03 for 2000.It has fcr 35s and a bog on the low
end.Just trying to learn the machine.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Welcome. Stock carbs are dual Mikuni BSR 33's. The Keihin FCR 35's you have are a substantial upgrade from stock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a little chilly out and didnt look to close.Is there any external ajustments.Or
will i have to pull them apart to rejet?If you hammer the throttle it bogs and wants to die.Take your time and it will throw you on your rear.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Its a little chilly out and didnt look to close.Is there any external ajustments.Or
will i have to pull them apart to rejet?If you hammer the throttle it bogs and wants to die.Take your time and it will throw you on your rear.
Probably due to to big of a squirt of fuel from the accelerator pump. You cant really adjust it other than putting in different diaphrams with a longer rivet to limit the travel.

You can get an adjustable accelerator pump cover. You need the R&D Power Pump 2. It is red and when installed it points striaght back between the exhaust and starter. It allows you to adjust the squirt of the accelerator pump by leaking fuel back in to the bowl. The more turns out the more leaks back in to the bowl and the less squirts out the accelerator pump jets. The Orignial R&D Power Pump will not work. It is silver and the screw will go right in to the header.

You have to remove the check valve in the carb bowl in order for it to work. It is the square plug in one of the holes under the accelerator pump cover. Other wise it will stop any fuel from leaking back in to the bowl. Effictivly like haveing the cover 0 turns out.

http://www.r1dean.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=60

Here is a good video showing what it does.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like ill be messing around with the carbs.Thanks alot guys, lot of good info.
Its been 5 yrs since i had to jet a carb.The ds i sold was much easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts