Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I own a 02 raptor 660 I was just wondering what would happen if I did a carb swap from newer/older carb if I would lose power or such and was wonedering what jets would be best need jets and pilot jets been lookin at a set of gytr jet kit just been waiting for details on them....... Details about quad under neath

I have done.. K&n air filter and power lid also gave me a set of 155/175 jets I have put in no pilot jets, fmf power bomb header.. This is what I have done to it for now.

Plz leave info will take all in to consederation

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Yup, all the exact same. Couldn't hurt to give them a nice rebuild though if it's been a while

FCR carbs will be the best carb upgrade for the 660. Tough to find used, generally around $500-650. New they're around $900

Take a look at the jetting thread(s) for what might be a good starting point on jet sizes :beer:

·
Registered
622 Posts
When looking at used fcr I can across some 39s for 450 but was scared and didnt buy then cuz the priced seems to be to good to b true lol when getn used what should you look for I'm scared ill buy some hunck of shit fcr lol

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Its a toss up. Sould have jumped on the set I had:lol: them suckers were basically brand new. I have heard a few horror storys about some junk FCR's though thats why I bought new ones.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yah ill have to go the new route aswell over the winter rebuild

·
Registered
622 Posts
Crazed y are ur jets so far apart lol 155/175

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Crazed y are ur jets so far apart lol 155/175
Good catch ! I completely missed that.

Proper jetting and #25 pilots will give your carbs the better performance you're looking for I'd bet. Again, a good rebuild can't hurt either.

I'd do that before FCR carbs, IMO they're probably not the best place to spend that much money right now.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Good catch ! I completely missed that.

Proper jetting and #25 pilots will give your carbs the better performance you're looking for I'd bet. Again, a good rebuild can't hurt either.

I'd do that before FCR carbs, IMO they're probably not the best place to spend that much money right now.
+1 on that Seg FCR's are expensive and won't help much with this build. Stock carbs can make a 660 still go fast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts