Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new to the site and i just had a question about the vacume lines comin off the carbs where do they lead too, because i believe thats my the issue im having

·
Registered
158 Posts
Its just a vent.
I forgot to mention that the hose in the middle wraps up and around the underside of the hump in the middle of the frame. Its held in place with two screws that hold the rubber carb cover in place. I dont think you have to mount it like that. Im pretty sure you can just tuck the line down in there and you should be good to go.

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
They are just vents, not vacuum lines. The other is a vent also. What are your symptoms, please, in detail?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i bought it and it ran fine for like three weeks and then it started bogging really bad then it wouldnt start. well now i got it runnin again and on but if you give it throttle it bogs down and cuts off, so i took the air intake off and the left carb seems to run fine in the fact that the suction was there how ever the right one barley sucks in air. so i thought the vacume was off but i checked it last night and after reading other post it was fine so now im thinkin the slide in it is not working properly. P.S. carbs were just jetted by a proffessional before i bought it and i took the carbs off just to take a look and they are as clean as could be, any thoughts

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
Read "Most common problems with the Raptor 660" sticky at the top of the General 660 discussion section. Pay attention to the RPM limiter section... does this sound like a possibility?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i read the sticky and i guess it could be the pilot jet but i just had the carbs done and have barely riddin it. so i figured they werent clogged, plus i took the bowls off to be sure and everything thing looks like its brands new its that clean. i also checked the diaphram because it seems the left carbs is having suction problems but its all goo as well. i am now super lost.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok i read the sticky and i guess it could be the pilot jet but i just had the carbs done and have barely riddin it. so i figured they werent clogged, plus i took the bowls off to be sure and everything thing looks like its brands new its that clean. i also checked the diaphram because it seems the left carbs is having suction problems but its all goo as well. i am now super lost.
So exactly, what is your problem.............sympthomwise.............

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts

I said read the RPM limiter section - it sounds as if one of your limiters is turned on due to an electrical issue - read the sticky again and this time pay attention to the RPM limiter section.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i read the section again and checked the pb and all is fine however where are the wires goin from the reverse switch to the cdi, i only see the cable from it to trans.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok i read the section again and checked the pb and all is fine however where are the wires goin from the reverse switch to the cdi, i only see the cable from it to trans.
Green and white wire for the reverse, the PB wire is green and yellow.........:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I forgot to mention that the hose in the middle wraps up and around the underside of the hump in the middle of the frame. Its held in place with two screws that hold the rubber carb cover in place. I dont think you have to mount it like that. Im pretty sure you can just tuck the line down in there and you should be good to go.
is that hose supposed to be connected to something? when i first got mine i saw it wasnt connected on one side so i traced it and it didnt go into anything. it just went up and around the bottom side of the tank. i removed it but i dont hink i got rid of it because i knew had to do with something.

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
The green/white wire should go from the switch on the left side by the output sprocket up to the CDI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok checked both of them out and the wiring is fine and connections are good do you think my valves could be out of allignment i know that can happen too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts