Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of yall know where i can get a carbon fiber radiator guard that looks like the stock radiator guard also could you post some pics of the ones you guys have.

Thanx :thumbsup:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 50th has a carbon fiber radiator guard :eek: i didnt know that. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Just for clarification: radiator guard usually refers to the thing under the hood.
Here's the carbon fiber-looking hood that came with my 06' SE. I installed a GYT-R radiator guard under it and kept the original black plastic "web" radiator guard for looks.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the tank cover on the 50th carbon fiber to?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Nope. The tank cover and handlebar cover (whatever that is actually called- where the key goes) are regular black plastic and lost their sheen within less than 10 hours or riding; the tank cover especially, likely because the fuel cap vents there. Meanwhile, despite more than 20 hours of riding and a couple hundred miles of uncovered, facing forward trailering, the hood looks brand new.
I wish Yamaha would have, or someone else could, make the tank and handlebar cover out of the same stuff as the hood.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Headrope said:
Just for clarification: radiator guard usually refers to the thing under the hood.
Here's the carbon fiber-looking hood that came with my 06' SE. I installed a GYT-R radiator guard under it and kept the original black plastic "web" radiator guard for looks.
Hope it helps.
That helps me a lot, thanks....I was going to throw up a post asking for an up close pick of that hood !! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
I just bought the alba action grill. I do have the carbon fiber se grill also, I didnt like it, becuase the carbon fiber isnt real and doesnt match my carbon fiber gas tank cover from alba.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:
I just bought the alba action grill. I do have the carbon fiber se grill also, I didnt like it, becuase the carbon fiber isnt real and doesnt match my carbon fiber gas tank cover from alba.
I looked at the gas cover also, if I rode sand or all dunes and had no chance of hitting a tree then maybe......I'm just scared of that carbon getting bashed in from woods riding.. :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
37 Posts
$199 plus shipping for that new grill...... no thanks...... :confused:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
blackraptor said:
Does the carbon hood of the special edition 06 fit to the 07 model or only aftermarket hoods?
I've been told it does, I'm going to my dealer this morning to order mine.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Big Mike said:
Headrope said:
Hope it helps.

That helps me a lot, thanks....I was going to throw up a post asking for an up close pick of that hood !! :thumbsup:
No prob. Good luck on your decision.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts