Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i have a jetted carborator on my 08 raptor 250, and im wondering if i can send it out to someone out there that could do some work on it, do something to make ot run faster or if someone can bore it out that would be good. Im willing to pay so let me know, Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
Here's a quick little tip to get a little bit better response out of your stock carb...

- trim the diaphragm slide spring by like 2 or 3 coils then stretch it out. This will make it more flimsy allowing the slide to react more quickly.

- drill out the vacuum holes in the slide to one size larger than they already are. This will allow the slide to react more quickly as well. Just make sure you don't trim too much of the spring or drill the holes out too large or you will have a hanging idle.

These mods will give you a slightly more responsive throttle, but if you really want more you're just going to really need to get a flat slide like a Keihin FCR. CV carbs are decent, but don't even compare to the potential of a flat slide or round slide carburetor. Strap a 33mm flat slide to the 250 and it will be like a totally different machine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts