Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My carbs keep coming out of the boots that go to the head. I seen on here somewhere a web site to get new ones but I cant find it now. Can someone please repost the site, or tell me how to fix the problem? I know its a pretty common problem...

·
Registered
320 Posts
You can find some replacement boots here at http://www.yamaha-motorcycleparts.com/
search for oem part it ask for year make model do that then go to the intake on the drop down menu here in the intake diagrame you will find both of the boots listed for 30-35bucks each. Im a newbi here but if your boots keep sliping off your carb . make sure they are on and snug tight and not lose. If after you tightin them as much as you can and it still slips off than buy new boots/clamps. Hope I was of some help to you.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Those boots are pretty tricky to get right. You may have not had them in real good (Unless they have dry rot, cracked etc.). Spray a little lubricant (WD-40, etc) on the inside of the mouth of the boot when you are installing them, this will help getting them all the way on the carb. Then tighten them up. If this doesn't seem to help, then it's time for new ones.

~Brian

D

·
0 Posts
yup they do. look for em on ebay. I found them cheaper there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I used to have that same problem and it is a common problem on the older raptors. here is a link to some aftermarket boots that are really good. they have a larger retaining lip on them to hold them on there better. they are a bit expensive for what they are but it's better than having to reseat the air inlet boots everytime they pop off.

http://store.albaaction.com/shop/1116-.html

·
Registered
204 Posts
The stock ones will work you just have to make sure they are properly seated and tight. It's best..in my opinion...to remove the gas tank so it's a little easier to work on. Just make sure they are seated all the way around.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
marcosr said:
If I replace with stock, am I going to have the same problem?
If you use 01 boots yes, less likely if you use 02 and up. But unless you can get a deal on some new or used ones, UPP is a much better product.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What is the differance in the 2001 vs the others? I have a 2001 with no issues, my quad is 9 years old now with no issues but maybe the first owner changed them. PM me with your address and you can have them for the price of shipping. I am going to start my winter project on mine including a set of FCR's and I would love to help a fellow member.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
This thread is four years old now, I assume that the OP has resolved the issue since he didn't chime back in but your comradery is commendable and greatly appreciated.

From what I recall the groove in the boots on the side that bolts to the carb is somehow different or better in the 02+ models. I can't recall exactly why and it's been years since I've seen a set of 01 boots.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oops, I am that guy. I always laugh when some one does that especially when they are trying to buy something. Well I will have then in my spares box if and when some one is in the need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts