Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so i was riding a while back and i was riding a wheelie slowly up a small hill, i got going a little too slow and it died, no big deal. so when it actually died it made a very loud pop and died. I think i may have built up fuel in the carbs and then blew off the intake boot. I know i sound like a huge noob.. but can anyone help me on how to easily check and fix the problem??

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Grab your carbs and wiggle them around. If they popped off, they will move around. Loosten the clamps and push them all the way back on the boots. Tighten the clamps.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Alot of us replace the crapy factory carb clamps with HD hose clamps.
Good luck..

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Install #25 pilots and this will help for it to not happen again...............

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright guys, I had to work last night so i only had about 20 mins to look at it, but they did pop off the boot. I was very relieved to know it wasn't the 1-way starter like I had originally thought. I won't get a chance to work on it until saturday but thanks alot guys!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Use a little fuel on the boots, and carb spigots. It will help them slide all the way in. It will dry so they will hold. If you use wd40 then it will stay wet and that can cause them to come back out too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts