No and no.

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
I agree it is a waste of money.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Bad, no not really. Nor do they do much of anything in terms of power increases. Changing the length of the intake runner by such a small amount will make a correspondingly small shift in the relation of the power to the rpm.

Not really something I'd recommend, you can find better ways to spend that money.

·
Master of the Electron
15,529 Posts
why are they bad or what
Bad? No. Worth the money? No. They do virtually nothing unless your engine is built in such a way to take advantage of them. Your money is much better spent on something that WILL make a difference (regardless of what their advertising may say).

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If I can buy them cheap enough, I use them for making intake flanges....................

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If they are part of your porting system then they work. Cracraft made them by hand as part of his port work. His machines would fly. Then allong comes some one with a CNC machince and steals his design and mass produces them.

As part of certian style of port work they do work.

·
Master of the Electron
15,529 Posts
As stated - "They do virtually nothing unless your engine is built in such a way to take advantage of them" - I'd say that porting with spacers in mind fits that statement quite well.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
As stated - "They do virtually nothing unless your engine is built in such a way to take advantage of them" - I'd say that porting with spacers in mind fits that statement quite well.
I agree with you. I am just saying a blank statement saying they are junk, not worth the money, just a gimmick, your retarded for running one, is wrong.

There are old posts about the spacer where tbarker (Tim Barker) says they do work in situations.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts