Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly does this do and where is the hose that you hook one of these up to on a 2008 Raptor 700? Is it beneficial to install one of these?

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
well the hose is coming out of the cases on your motor right under you throttle body. its a big hose you can't miss it. when your motor is running it creates a vaccuum when the piston goes up and down, so it could suck dirt and dust in the motor. this filter prevents that. most ppl drill a hole in the front of the airbox, put the filter side in the box with the end sticking out of the airbox, then connect the hose to it, that holds the filter in place. it isn't a power mod, but more of a piece of mind mod, and for the price it is worth it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is this mod a change that will b needed to add to my pc5 map or does it not affect anything there?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Does not affect anything there!

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
So is this mod a change that will b needed to add to my pc5 map or does it not affect anything there?
no. usually only worry bout this if your runnin an open air box. evac valves are good too and increase a HP.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
lets air out and not it, goes in the crank breather line. KDS made them for a while. i know you can get them at Racers Edge too, i just got one.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
no. usually only worry bout this if your runnin an open air box. evac valves are good too and increase a HP.
Evac valves don't increase HP! Dyno testing has been done and there are no gains. But they do make an annoying frog noise LOL

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
It's true! Total gimmick.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have an evac valve on mines when I bought it. I asked the guy about it and he swears that it picked up another Hp on the dyno. He said he did a before run then installed it and did another run and it picked up 1Hp. I don't know if it did or not, but he showed me the dyno sheet so i'm gonna leave it where its at lol.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah I had one for a while because everybody said it worked. I didn't notice anything except the annoying frog noise. And then I asked around and some of the reputable builders told me it's just a gimmick and they've tested them. No gains were shown.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Yeah I had one for a while because everybody said it worked. I didn't notice anything except the annoying frog noise. And then I asked around and some of the reputable builders told me it's just a gimmick and they've tested them. No gains were shown.
If you search around this site you can find some testing that shows otherwise.

Now I can't vouch for the value of the testing you "heard about" or the accuracy of the testing done and presented on this site. But certainly it's intriguing that proof is apparently available to back up either side of the issue.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Maybe so! I would be skeptical of the test results if they were posted by someone promoting them though like KDS or even racers edge since they are the only ones selling them anymore. All I'm saying is the builders I spoke to said there were no gains shown on their dynos. And I didn't feel anything in the ass dyno!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
1 - 20 of 89 Posts