Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend owns a welding shop here and he gave me the idea to put the engine from my 05 Honda cbr 600rr in my 01 yamaha raptor 660. I would just like to get some more opinions on the idea. I have alot of concerns; I still want my quad to be able to wheelie, stoppie, and bicycle.- so i dont really want to stretch it. I dont want the thing to be a big pos and waste 2 bikes, (basically what im saying is i want it to work and work well) will it? Any related info will really really help!

Please leave a comment! the more the better! I just want to get more peoples opinions

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
You won't be doing "stoppies" with a 4cyl bike engine in the frame. It'll go fast but it'll become a straight line bike, which doesn't really sound like what you want.

·
Registered
841 Posts
yeah do it and then sell me the 600 :grin_nod:

seen a guy with an f4i motor in a 400...thing was a beast

for real ill buy that rr if you do it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
i wouldnt waste the time with the 600RR motor..... just isnt strong enough....ive riden a trx with one in it....go with a 1000

·
Registered
357 Posts
i wouldnt waste the time with the 600RR motor..... just isnt strong enough....ive riden a trx with one in it....go with a 1000
how is it not strong enuff, an 05 600rr motor pushins around 108hp that's tripple a stock raptor motor, and a 1k motor would be harder to fit

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If I had one laying around with EVERYTHING required for the motor to run then I might.

how is it not strong enuff, an 05 600rr motor pushins around 108hp that's tripple a stock raptor motor, and a 1k motor would be harder to fit
Exactly!

Plus there's a chance that I end up Turbo'ing it.......

·
Registered
357 Posts
if i could fabercate i would put my spare gsxr 600 motor in my raptor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts