Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had this problem, i noteiced it after about 120 miles and 5 hours of racing, i even stopped and looked if it had come loose. but no it just wasnt doing its job anymore. the day after the race i was checking the bike and the stabilizer was back to normal. it was very cold weather where i was racing.

·
Registered
415 Posts
hmmmm interesting. i am thinkin it was pretty hot after that much use. kind of like how clutches, or brakes fade deep into a race. i am curious how a $400-$500 part does this. i'd call the company and ask some ?'s and maybe see about a replacement.

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
:lol: its all good! Either way I want to follow this because some kind of steering stabilizer is next on the list. I've generally heard good things about the CCP but can see it having an issue with extreme use. Kindof like boiling brake fluid at the track....

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
If its the stick kind get a rebuild kit for it. If your gonna keep racing the stick kind isn't gonna keep up so spend the money and get the hockey puck style ones and you wont have that issue anymore

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I think CCP only makes the hockey puck style....
If thats the case then you need to get a better stabilizer like precision,scotts, elka haven't hear of any of those fading especially the first two. Sometimes you just gotta pay more for a better product, or you could go with the old " you get what you pay for" line any way good luck

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
If thats the case then you need to get a better stabilizer like precision,scotts, elka haven't hear of any of those fading especially the first two. Sometimes you just gotta pay more for a better product, or you could go with the old " you get what you pay for" line any way good luck
Which one are you running and how do you like it?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Which one are you running and how do you like it?
The right and left hand ones:D the one im getting is the precision one ive read good reviews on it and how rebuildabe it is and alot of the pros are running it not to mention just about everyone that i know and run into with it on say really good things about it. Not saying anyting bad about the scotts or elka ones ive just gotten more feedback on that one and its my next mod

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
The CCP is oil filled right, so it possible to change the oil??

If it is, then it might be possible to mess around with the grades to 'tune' performance. :confused:

I've never noticed my fade, but then I've never raced for 5 hrs straight.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
i would call ccp. see if they will replace it. better than spending 500 bucks...imo

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jajajajajajjajajajaj, the day after and its was back to normal, some play at the end of the travel, but it really never goeas that far. do you guys think its a goood idea to change the oil to a higher grade so it wont fade as much?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Get ahold of the guy who makes them and get his input. I think that'd be the best possible advice. He does rebuild them as well, FYI :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts