Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what cdi box do most of you guys run on your 660s? Ive been lookin at the dynateks but just wanted some other opinions, thanks

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
dyna fs is the way to go...I have one but haven't installed it yet...I'm waiting to add some other......plugs first;)

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Most of us run stock... no need for an aftermarket CDI unless you have SERIOUS mods to your engine. Spend the money where it will do some good instead.

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Like a 3 plug head!

·
Registered
521 Posts
or stickers! everyone knows stickers add the most hp per dollar

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hey guys, what cdi box do most of you guys run on your 660s? Ive been lookin at the dynateks but just wanted some other opinions, thanks
No need for using a aftermarket cdi unless you do some serious mods as suggested.............:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Idk where you jokers get off thinking an aftermarket cdi doesn't help unless you have serious mods done. I put a dynatek fs on my 05 before I even put on an exhaust! It really helped wake up my bike. So to the op I would get it.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Idk where you jokers get off thinking an aftermarket cdi doesn't help unless you have serious mods done. I put a dynatek fs on my 05 before I even put on an exhaust! It really helped wake up my bike. So to the op I would get it.
Well if you think we are joking, let me tell you about my experience, it didnt make a sweet bit of difference, I tried both, back to back and couldnt feel any difference, even between any of the curves, but when I installed the 3 plugger, tried it on both cdis and then started reprograming the DYNA FS, that made a difference, but maybe you had problems somewhere that the new cdi changed or helped fixed.........:)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Just noticed you are a new member, welcome to the forum, you will learn a lot on here from this forum, but not by calling us jokers...........:D

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I don't think he understands that QuadManiac and Willy are the "Mechanics" on here. They REALLY know what they are talking about. I would trust them more than anybody on here when it comes to motors and what not.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
with a name like crispy he has to know what he'sctalking about...I'm gonna listen to him from now on. I'm gonna go put on my dyna fs RIGHT NOW!:wow:

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
alright I just installed it and it didn't do SHIT! I'm gonna listen to willy and the maniac from now on:D

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
We're not the jokers, you're the guy whose suffering from 'sticker improvement' syndrome - No. Changing oil, washing the plastic and adding a couple of stickers does NOT improve performance... :D neither does adding an aftermarket CDI to a stock cam or otherwise un-modified engine.

Sorry, no insult intended, but aftermarket CDI's will do nearly nothing for a bike that has not had enough mods to necessitate BOTH a higher RPM limit AND a change in the timing curve. THe stock timing curve is perfect for the stock cam, and the stock RPM limit occurs WAY after the engine stops making appreciable torque... but if it makes you happy, peace be with you; but I'd save the insults until you're a more seasoned member.

BTW, regardless of my shitty mood and quickness to shoot back, welcome to the forum - hope you get a lot from it and have a lot to contribute in the future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks willy. If your as smart as everyone on here claims you are then my appologies. Yes I am a new member, but have been reading this forum for close to a year. I'm not new to raptors tho. I've had mine since brand new in 05. I'm not here to claim I know everything cuz I don't, but I'm not stupid either. I've been arounds quads for some time and have friends that have been around them a lot longer than me. As far as how a dynatek affected my bike, it ran best in curve 2 before exhaust. I assure you that my raptor ran fine before hand. After putting a trinity stage 4 full system it has ran best in curve 1. Either way IMO I feel that it made a difference. I have one friend in particular that has rode a lot of 660's and 700's, modified and stock, and he has never been very impressed with raptors. Till he rode mine. Even when it was stock he was always saying how impressed he was with how good it ran. Anyway I'm getting carried away. Bottom line is you guys don't believe me or wanna make fun of me go ahead. That's your choice.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Thanks willy. If your as smart as everyone on here claims you are then my apologies. Yes I am a new member, but have been reading this forum for close to a year. I'm not new to raptors tho. I've had mine since brand new in 05. I'm not here to claim I know everything cuz I don't, but I'm not stupid either. I've been arounds quads for some time and have friends that have been around them a lot longer than me. As far as how a dynatek affected my bike, it ran best in curve 2 before exhaust. I assure you that my raptor ran fine before hand. After putting a trinity stage 4 full system it has ran best in curve 1. Either way IMO I feel that it made a difference. I have one friend in particular that has rode a lot of 660's and 700's, modified and stock, and he has never been very impressed with raptors. Till he rode mine. Even when it was stock he was always saying how impressed he was with how good it ran. Anyway I'm getting carried away. Bottom line is you guys don't believe me or wanna make fun of me go ahead. That's your choice.
You are the one that started the insults by calling us jokers......

I looked back and at no time did I even suggest an insult, I do think though when someone, especially someone that is new to the forum comes on here and suggests that anyone is a joker, is an insult..........

Apology accepted.............

I do know from experience that the DYNA FS helped our 93 Warrior, before and after mods to the engine, there was a noticeable difference.........

I also do know that the DYNA FS, had no noticeable difference to the Raptor stock 660 engine,even with external mods such as open air box and or aftermarket exhaust, and if so it was so little thta it wasnt worth the money.

My oval tracker has a X14 cam, HV porting, 3 plughead, dual FCR carbs, aftermarket exhaust and runs on methanol and can consume 1 liter of fuel every 30 seconds, this bike has had so many different timing curves thrown at it that I cant remember them all any more, we experimented with different timing curves, and settled with one that almost cut the timing in half.............

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ok,I'll choose to just make fun of you then :wow:

Your momma wears quad boots ! :chair:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts