Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone put on their bike or know of a better brand to get. i wanna stay under $200

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
What other mods do you have? I don't have any personal experience with boxes, but from what I've been told, they're a waste of money unless you've got a heavily modified quad.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I'm not familiar with the brand but if it is in the family of CDIs that only raise the rev limiter....the only thing they are good for is ventilating your cases when the rod comes out the side of them.

The additional RPMs is hell on the valvetrain and connecting rod, not to mention that unless you have a purpose built motor, your power has fallen off well before the stock rev limiter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well all i got done is just a white brothers e2 slip on. im going to get a fmf power bomb hearer, an air filter. i was reading on the big guns its not just a make the rev limiter higher it inproves the proformace through all rpm ranges. it gave a 4 hp gain at stock and with pipe header and air filter it was a 6 hp gain. ive see the effects on a 300ex it was a good add on.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Big difference from one bike to the next, but I can assure you no CDI provides those types of hp increases on any 660 build that I've ever seen.

What the Big Gun and a lot of other ProCom based CDIs do is advance (or is it retard?) the timing and that's where the claimed power increase is supposed to come from. In practice they're really not a worthwhile upgrade unless you've done everything else and even then the results are negligible.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i have a yoshi pipe and header, k & n witrh adapter and a dynatek cdi, it made a noticable differance, it pulls alot harder put the rev limiter at 10000 rpms instead of the stock 9000 and there is no reverse revlimiter, made a huge differamce in my opinion

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Stock bike there is no advantage to going past 9000rpms. I THINK I herd the rev limiter for the first time the other day when I missed second gear

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
coalshedracing posted dyno runs with the dynatek programmeable cdi, with 4 different curves, one was a stock curve...the biggest difference was 1hp and some change between the highest and lowest readings. If you want to run to 10000rpm with a stock rod it won't last long, neither will the case. The dyna's can be programmed to let it rev more freely, but nothing worthy of hp or torque.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts