Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just ordered some CFM lowering kits for my 700.
Can't figure out why there taking so long to get here. Anyway! It was kinda a spontaneous thing I got one for the front and rear (non adjustable) Wondering if anyone had much experience with em. Hopefully it will help with my rolling issues.... :confused: Their just to get me by until I can afford A-arms/shocks (Year or 2?)

Anyway fill me in and I will share what I think if I ever get them!

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Did you already flip the rear link to lower rear end.

·
732 Posts
Works great & its free. try search. if not just pull rear link, bottom shock bolt & the other 2 bolts, roll it over and bolt back up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wouldnt flip the link.
I flipped mine and had to do a little machining to get things to clear.
Once they did clear the thing still rode like a rock even with the spring cranked all the way out.
It changes the geometry of the suspension in a way so that it rides like a rock.
Flipped it back over a couple weeks ago and love it again.

Just my 2 cents

·
732 Posts
Are you sure the lowering kit you bought isn't CRJ. Anyway if that front lowering kit moves the bottom of your shocks outward its going to make your shocks alot stiffer. And those type of kits usally move around. The lowering kit Rockymountain sells is a one peice bar that moves the top of your shocks out & up. But it only lowers front 7/8 of an inch. Plus its Not as stiff as moveing bottom of shock out. Hope this helps.

·
732 Posts
I wouldnt flip the link.
I flipped mine and had to do a little machining to get things to clear.
Once they did clear the thing still rode like a rock even with the spring cranked all the way out.
It changes the geometry of the suspension in a way so that it rides like a rock.
Flipped it back over a couple weeks ago and love it again.

Just my 2 cents
Is yours a 700 or 660. 660's need work to flip link. 700's don't. and mine rides smooth and soft. great for the sand.

·
732 Posts
Do search- flipped rear link. then look down till you see veloicraptor post and he shows pic's of what it looks like. and other post in that thread also say they rode softer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I put the Crj lowering kit on mine and flipped the rear link... No problems after 2 years but the front does ride stiff with the lowering kit. Rappy sits at a very nice rideable height.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts