Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a little search for this but......can anyone let me know pros and cons on both?
Are they worth it? CFM claims a 20 degree decrease in oil temp? Anyone have either and can speak on it? Heard of a couple getting leaks over time......

Oh and its for a trail bike so no big build or anything. :D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Blue Lighting has a CFM in the mail, he should post here shortly. He will probably be able to tell you the pros (and cons :\) soon. If it's actually 20 degrees that would be awesome but I can't really see that happening... I know that CFM protects against leaks. If it leaks your supposed to send it back to them and they either re weld or give you a new one, I forgot...

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
the CFM oil tank holds about 3/4 of a qt more than the UM. I've seen both and like the CFM better.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Blue Lighting has a CFM in the mail, he should post here shortly. He will probably be able to tell you the pros (and cons :\) soon. If it's actually 20 degrees that would be awesome but I can't really see that happening... I know that CFM protects against leaks. If it leaks your supposed to send it back to them and they either re weld or give you a new one, I forgot...
:beer: It's the name that sold it to me ;) CFM are cool people if you have trouble they will bend over backwards for you. I will tell you all about it soon!

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
The rubber that the tank sits down in the frame on rubbed an slot in the drain plug area it did not leak but I will have to get it fixed before it gose back on.. oh I could not put my Sparks BCX6 on with out removing it so I went back to stock...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts