Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
Sunday i wanted to adjust my chain but the left bolt can be screwed to the max without the (whatever you call it, but the piece that is suposed to move back) doesnt move one quarter inch. the other one is fine. So i did tight the chain with a pry bar. But when i did try to tight the bolt (the one under the other one.) the two pieces dont want to stick to each other. the upper part does but not the downpart. Anyway, i don't need to tell you that after a good ride my adjustement went loose again. And i'm wondering, when it forces it makes a sound like tac tac tac, like if something was skipping. the chain doesnt seems to be loose enought to skip. i just hope it's not my first gear missing teeth. when i'm riding normaly it doesnt do it.
Gosh i got hard time to explain myself tonight sorry guys.
For my clutch i'm juste wondering if it's normal when i pull the first gear my rappy does a little foward kick. it moves a little bit. When i put it in reverse it doesnt do it, same if i put it in 2nd gear from the neutral position when i'm not moving.The clutch seems to be ajusted correctly.
Anyway i hope you guys understand me, my english is very bad tonight.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hey guys!
Sunday i wanted to adjust my chain but the left bolt can be screwed to the max without the (whatever you call it, but the piece that is suposed to move back) doesnt move one quarter inch. the other one is fine. So i did tight the chain with a pry bar. But when i did try to tight the bolt (the one under the other one.) the two pieces dont want to stick to each other. the upper part does but not the downpart. Anyway, i don't need to tell you that after a good ride my adjustement went loose again. And i'm wondering, when it forces it makes a sound like tac tac tac, like if something was skipping. the chain doesnt seems to be loose enought to skip. i just hope it's not my first gear missing teeth. when i'm riding normaly it doesnt do it.
Gosh i got hard time to explain myself tonight sorry guys.
For my clutch i'm juste wondering if it's normal when i pull the first gear my rappy does a little foward kick. it moves a little bit. When i put it in reverse it doesnt do it, same if i put it in 2nd gear from the neutral position when i'm not moving.The clutch seems to be ajusted correctly.
Anyway i hope you guys understand me, my english is very bad tonight.
It is normal for the bike to move a bit when you go into first gear............

As far as the rear axle, take it apart and clean everything so it can move freely, could be mud or dried dirt side the housing...............

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Your description of bolts/components is somewhat confusing.

There are two clamp bolts on the right side of the swing arm/bearing carrier - behind the brake disk. Loosen these to allow the axle/bearing assembly to move.

There are two adjustment bolts with locking nuts on the top front of the swing arm/bearing carrier. Loosen the locking nuts and tighten the adjustment bolts equally to push the axle and bearings to the rear, within the carrier, to tighten the chain until you're satisfied. Then tighten the locking nuts and the clamp bolts.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok now it will be less confusing if i use your terms lol.
I did loose the clamp bolt, and the axle/bearing is moving freely when i loose the right adjustment bolt. For the left adjustment bolt, it doesnt push anymore on the axle/bearing. i can turn the bolt till i get no more adjustment(no more tread remaining and it is as long as the right one)And the tread isnt stripped on both the bolt and the axel.

Anyway i'll have to open that part and clean it up.
thx guys

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
If you have reached the end of travel on the adjustment bolt/bolts, then it is most likely that your chain has stretched too far - time for replacement.

Is there just a little bit of travel left in one adjuster bolt and none in the other? Chain is stretched beyond use.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is still half of the adjustment on the right side if i put the axle straight while i tighten the chain myself.
If the left bolt is turned to the max. i still can move the axle to the first line on the sway bar.
And my chain is just 4 month old, with my 2 gears.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so this morning i did remove the axle without any problems. but i can't separate the hubs. my bearing are full of dirt and now after triing to remove the hub one is scrap. I tried with a puller, pushing the bearing and pulling the hub. but nothing moved. I would really want remove these tomorow so i could order em monday.
You guys got the bearing number so i could order em, i'm not even sure if i can read the number.
Thx

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
I'm going to guess that's why the one adjuster bolt was bottomed out? It was pushing against the bad bearing?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm still not sure and tring to figure out what happened. Cause the adjustment bolt are pushing on the upper clamp bolt. So how could i turn the left adjustment bolt to the max without pushing on the clamp bolt and on the right side being only half way and i was pushing the clamp bolt. Don't forget that the two bolt have the same lenght. So the only thing i can think is that the left adjustment bolt might have topped and lost about 1/4 inch of ajustment. (it's not the original bolt since the original were all rusted, so those i've putted might be a little longer than the original one.) So that why i would still have some adjustment left on the right side and not the left side.
Anyway for now i need to remove the hub (or carrier i don't know what term you use for that part) so i can remove the two bearing and clean everything out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I going to try again to remove this god damn bearing carrier but this time with better tool :)

For the bearing number here they are (Youll save about 50$ for 2)
NSK 6007 DU
SFK 6007 RS1

If you get better deal for a 6007 DDU or a 6007rs2 it's almost the same, only that their sealed on both side instead of 1 side

They cost me 36, i would be surprise how much they sell it in a Yamaha dealer. For the Shaft seals they're so cheap my boss didnt want me to pay em since it would cost more in time to make the bill loll

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont know what i'm doing wrong so guys i really need your help!

So the axle is removed. But i can't get the freaking carrier out. On all picture and schematic i saw i need to pull the brake side carrier first. I tried pullin it with a puller by pushing on the bearing while pulling the carrier out. Nothing is moving. But is it really what i need to do?
I don't understand how the shift side carrier and the brake side carrier are holding together.
I really need your help guys, i would like to ride this weekend so it's kind like a hurry.

For your information, my axle was a bit damaged, where the bearing goes im 0.002-0.003'' under, and the lock nut tread are 0.010'' under. So i'll be recharging it with welder and then machining it at my job. I'll be able to save it and keep it for another 2 years because the spline are still good.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seems like i'm talking alone.
I did remove the bearing carrier... i was doing it the right way, but needed heating to help unseize em.
I welded my axle this morning. Gotta watch out, the faces where the bearing goes are hardened but not the nut tread. You need to cool down really slowly. The First tread have been machined, we got a little surprise, they're botrice tread, harder to do lol. But everything went well.

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Maybe you're not getting any answers because you have generated 4 posts in a row, all rather long, with only one question between all of them...

Consider just asking the question and leaving all the other stuff out - I accidentally skipped across your question several times due to the length. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you.

But, I see that you have resolved it on your own, so no answer is necessary.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Maybe you're not getting any answers because you have generated 4 posts in a row, all rather long, with only one question between all of them...

Consider just asking the question and leaving all the other stuff out - I accidentally skipped across your question several times due to the length. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you.

But, I see that you have resolved it on your own, so no answer is necessary.
The same for me, I just read the post and kept going since I felt he was just explaining a procedure that was working for himself............

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So i've ride all weekend, after quebec did receive 50mm of rain lol.

Everything is fine. My axle is done, and works perfectly. i did put grease and never seize everywhere so i won't have any trouble removing those parts for maintenance.

Oh and my girlfriend owns a Polaris Sportsman 700 02 automatic 4wheel drive !:D lmao i call it the TANK.
anyway thanks guys.

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
GLAD to hear it! BTW, my g/f rides the Polaris Scrambler 400 2-stroke... we call it La Bamba.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts