Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question regarding the chain adjustment on a 06 700R. I have put a smaller sprocket on the rear (more top end speed for riding in the desert) which of course required me to take up some slack in the chain. The chain tensioning adjustment is pretty slick on the 700, however, I can not seem to get the chain tight enough. There does not seem to be enough slack to remove another link, but I cannot tighten the chain up enough for my comfort. Does anyone have any idea how much adjustment the "quick adjusting" feature should give? Are there any other adjustments that can be made to take up additional slack? Any feedback is appreciated.:3question:

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you've got the bearing carrier rotated so the thinnest part is towards the rear that's as far as it goes. I run a 15/36 and I've still got room to adjust so I'd think you'd to have enough adjustment to get it snug. Take another shot at it, maybe? Good luck!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
should have enough adjustment....... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Make sure you have the bolts on the swingarm completely loose, I had mine loose once but not loose enough to adjust it and took me a little bit to realize why it wasnt adjusting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.