Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The upper the screw mount broke off the case, so i only have one screw to hold the case saver in place, i do still have the piece that broke off, so is there a way i can re attach this?

·
Registered
366 Posts
have it welded.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i started to do some research on this, people still have it break after welding, should i just use that jb weld, since it will prob break either way again?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
keep an eye on your chain and fix it the right way. I had my 660 one break, had it welded and kept an eye on the chain for wear. What kind of case saver do you use? There is a poly one for the 700s that are supposed to prevent this as well.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
My front sprocket nut backed off after 2 years and made the chain come off. The upp case saver did its job by saving the case but did break the top bolt/mount off. I cleaned it up and JB welded it. It been over year now and its still good.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah I guess JB weld would work fine. If you throw the chain again it will break off again, but the case saver should still save your cases...again.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya thats is what i was thinking,figured it would just lodged the case saver back into the case and breaking the mount off, now is like a break away mount, LOL. I had the Ballance racing case saver, i ordered another one and an new chain

·
Registered
364 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts