Raptor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thought I'd share this with everyone.

It seems that however much you adjust your chain or exhaust, the chain will inevitably 'whip' and come in contact with the pipe when your suspension bottoms out - which if you read up on how to adjust your suspension correctly will happen every so often if you jump.

So I decided to come up with a solution. I removed the shock so I could drop the quad on the floor and measure all the clearances in the 'bottomed out' position and then set about designing something.

What I came up with is an old stock chain roller turned down to 27mm to allow clearance of the exhasut pipe, a 75mm bolt and a few washers. I've fitted the bolt from the inside rather than the outside just incase the bearing fails and wrecks the thread - I won't have to wind it out through the frame then.

I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking. Oh, and if you're worried about it melting, I've checked for this too and it's fine. It's amazing how close you can put you finger to something that 300 degrees C and not get burnt.

I haven't taken it for a ride yet, but I've done a lot of work to make sure it doesn't cause any problems.

Ez

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts