Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i bought my '05 raptor (used) it came with 12t front and 41t rear sprockets and my chain has too much slack and its adjusted all the way back. anyone know if i can make any other adjustments or do i have to get a different size chain
help please! thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
All u need to do is take a link out, if that is to much put a half link in. Really if the chain has Streched that much you really need a new chain.IMO ...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys

·
Registered
532 Posts
I second,dog86, last thing you want is to bust your case wide open when your chain does break. Not if, but when it breaks if you don't replace it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know every shop is different but what would be a ballpark price of buying a decent chain and having them put it on? i have no time to do it

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
It would take you longer to drive it to a shop then do it yourself. A couple pairs of pliers and a few end wrenches will get you going. As long as you have a master link on yours and its not a pressed pin then you have to cut that chain. As far as the cost for a shop to do it IDK, always worked on my own stuff.

·
Registered
532 Posts
100 bucks or less for chain , and it's a 5 minute job.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I buy my chains from rocky mountain ATV. You can buy all new chain and sprocket for cheap. I got a low hour used one for cheap if you want one. x ring chain with gold links. for stock gearing. $20 shipped to you with a brand new master link.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool thanks. i think i can take five minutes out of my day to do it myself

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ok willy , your right. I was drinking last time I did mine and time slips away from me. Lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I buy my chains from rocky mountain ATV. You can buy all new chain and sprocket for cheap. I got a low hour used one for cheap if you want one. x ring chain with gold links. for stock gearing. $20 shipped to you with a brand new master link.
not sure if i want to change the gearing back to stock though let me think about it. thats a good price though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts